A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What are you listening to?¿

Kirs

SG I'm loving that stuff! Production is a little dodgy at some points such as the Yoshi's Island backing track having a bit too much muddy reverb but otherwise it's fucking lush :D

The Ristar one is great obviously.

It makes me wonder why hip hop artists haven't sampled VG music more often. A lot of it is just ripe for some class beats.

Haha I knew you'd jump on the ristar track.

I agree that some of them don't have the greatest production put into them, but overall it's a solid listen.

My personal favorites are the ristar, sonic 3, and link to the past mash ups

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So umm, this is gonna sound really odd...but i've actually grown somewhat fond of Lady Gaga.

Yeah, the one with the annoying ass techno pop shit. No, not any of her songs on the Radio, or even any of her CDs. I overheard my sisters listening to the acoustic versions of a few of her songs, and i was quite impressed actually.

Poker Face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nIvymJdjA0

Paparazzi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R3KqrJAI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyKgdsDTnXk&feature=related

I think it's mostly the Piano. They give me hardons. Listen to the studio versions again to see why im so impressed, in case you've never heard them / tuned them out like i usually do.

Not a damn thing. Thats what im asking. Maybe i just havent been paying attention, but she's gotten rich and popular by taking her good music and turning it into bullshit. Poker Face is just annoying to listen to on the radio. I could only stomach Bad Romance because the chorus was very very catchy. If it wasn't the off chance i heard her sing without all those effects and shit, i never would have known she was worth listening to.

And she can actually sing very well, thats the sad part. If she came out of the box with just a piano and her voice, i doubt she'd have gotten so popular.

Anyway, after hearing her actually perform i dont so much care that she looks like a retard on stage.

• 3 months later...

Three month bump lol.

I have a slight obsession with Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become at the moment. I think mostly because it fits Ink so perfectly it's scary. Can't. Stop. Listening!

I got an app on my iPhone yesterday called Songify which auto-tunes speech and turns it into a song, so I'm currently listening to songs involving my cat repeatedly going "Meow... MEOW!" and a song where I keep singing "Here I am, here I am, sitting here, sitting here, scratching my nuts, scratching my nuts" and thinking how funny it would be to play such "hits" in quiet public places.

Due to this app, I've discovered the Gregory Brothers' Auto-Tune The News on YouTube (I'm not much of a YouTuber, so I'm probably years behind) and currently have

stuck in my head.

That's proper music right there.:P

I am sitting here wondering why these songs by one of my favourite bands either had a WAY better demo version or demos that ended up not making it into any full release :(

OLP - Vampires

But I am listening to this song by them off that album. This is the best track off it because that album (Healthy In Paranoid Times) in general was kind of lackluster. Still though, Angels Losing Sleep is a kickass song. I'm hoping they'll do another album though that is as good as Clumsy or Happiness, but its unrealistic for them to go back to something like that since they're all older now and moved on from their earlier sound. Which makes me sad.

I'm not stuck listening to any one genre of music. Lately, I've been making music rather than listening to it, haha. Seen as there's the Art Forum for music making, I'll just say I've been listening to the newest ASoT (A State of Trance) podcast. Saddens me that a lot of so-called pop music is more like trance/electronica/house.

My girlfriend is obsessed with S&M by Rihanna... so I suppose that's one thing I've been listening to a lot recently.

It's a good song, love how 90s it sounds.

Used to hate Rihanna, but ever since Chris Brown was knocking her about she's grown on me and produced some mighty fine tunes.

Rude Boy is especially good and I don't even know why.

Mushroomhead FTW.

Yes!

I have all of their original albums.

I should feel rather privileged to live in the Cleveland area.

(Except for 95, I don't have the original album art.)

Not really a big fan of anything post M3 though.

Actually, now I have a bunch of old 669 tapes playing.