A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Xbox 360 Slim is a thing.

Daniel

Edit: Now that I've done research into it, I'd say it's alright, but not as great as I initially thought.

"Forza with Kinect" looked stunningly beautiful, granted there was little gameplay footage. Also, being able to walk up to the car and touch parts of it *virtually* to get a closer look at it is just spectacular. I hope the level of graphic fidelity in the view car mode makes it way into the racing gameplay.

They never did disclose the pricing for Kinect, did they? All I know is when it's coming out, which is common knowledge as of today.

Very boring news.

(Edit: Then again, Tentril could be referring to the whole conference and not just Kinect.)

Agree(d). I see no future for Kinect...

If they didn't change the name, would you guys change your opinions? Just curious.

I'm not trying to change your minds or opinions. I'm merely asking what you'd think if they didn't go with Kinect as the name of the device.

They could have named it buttsex or whatever would be the coolest name ever, and I wouldn't be interested. I just think its a little annoying that one of the biggest things coming out soon is Microsoft and Sony copying Nintendo. They won't beat the Wii. If the things they come out with are better than Wii remotes, Nintendo will just release a new plug-in attachment for it.

And then I'm sure Sony will try to say they invented it, just like the analog stick controller.

The Kinect looks like an overhyped Eye Toy with minigames and some menu uses (so far). I don't see them doing much with it. Also, the "you can look around your car" thing? Did you guys notice how far he had to bend over just to see the car's radio?

Let's see what Sony has in store with the Move. MS isn't gonna do shit to the Wii with this.

Also, the "you can look around your car" thing? Did you guys notice how far he had to bend over just to see the car's radio?.
I suppose I never noticed, but thank god for Youtubers uploading this stuff ASAP.

Edit: The claims of Kinetic being an Eye Toy for Xbox I think are perfectly valid, but doesn't the Eye Toy only do X/Y motion sensing?

I'm not talking about PSEye, just the Eye Toy.

EDIT 2: Ow. Get that guy some aspirin ASAP.

Xbox slim huh. dont give a fuck.

Ill wait a while until people start to complain about how they built another shitty ass console. If it lasts longer than my hair cut then ill consider it. Til then, gonna keep searching around until i can fix my current E74

I dont like to use motion controllers in general. There's nothing like a good controller, sittin and relaxing

It really depends on the game.

Twilight princess and mario galaxy were on the wii-mote and were enjoyable while others like smash bros and the eye toy (in general) sucked.

According to engadget, the kinect is going to be selling for $150.

Welp, I'm sold. Sold on not getting it, that is. (Ooh, I'm tricky.)

Being nothing but a glorified eye-toy, I thought I'd try it out. But I'm not shelling out that much money for something I'll only fiddle around with.