A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Xbox 360 Slim is a thing.

Daniel

I KNOW!!!

I was just saying that the wiimote sucked with that game.

Thats it.

Thats all.

Nothing more nothing less.

I got pretty good with the wiimote/nunchuk setup, with my own customized controls... >.>

What was this topic about again? Oh yeah, that new Xbox. It's sexy. I'd get it if I didn't have a functional 360 already, because there's no point as of now. But it definitely is better.

Why the fuck would you move a console when the disc is being moved ANYWAY? That's just retarded. I'm talking ANY console EVER. My PSX fucked the crap out of my discs back in the day so I don't get why they're making big deals of it now.

Didn't you know that the best way to play your console is to have it in constant movement? Ever play a console on a rollercoaster? Yeah that's what I thought.

Why the fuck would you move a console when the disc is being moved ANYWAY? That's just retarded. I'm talking ANY console EVER. My PSX fucked the crap out of my discs back in the day so I don't get why they're making big deals of it now.

Accidents happen. An unintentional nudge shouldn't cost you $50. And I don't know what kind of PSX you had, but I've never heard of a PSX/PSone/PS2 destroy a disk on movement.

Accidents happen. An unintentional nudge shouldn't cost you $50. And I don't know what kind of PSX you had, but I've never heard of a PSX/PSone/PS2 destroy a disk on movement.

My old playstaion would scratch up my disks alittle if it was moved.

But it wouldn't pull that garbage disposal shit that the new xbox 360 slim did.

Personally, I think that is quite pricey but to all their own.

I call so much BS on this pricing stuff. Sure, it's pricey as hell, until you consider the price of buying multiple Wii Remotes + Motion Plus + Nunchuks. Or multiple PlayStation Move controllers. So it's not really that expensive at all.

Accidents happen. An unintentional nudge shouldn't cost you $50.

Excuse me sir, but he picks that console up and rotates it to a completely new orientation. Unintentional nudge is randomly a 70 degree rotation. I'm really with Andrew on this: "Why the fuck would you move a console when the disc is being moved ANYWAY?"

Excuse me sir, but he picks that console up and rotates it to a completely new orientation. Unintentional nudge is randomly a 70 degree rotation. I'm really with Andrew on this: "Why the fuck would you move a console when the disc is being moved ANYWAY?"

Excuse me sir, but Sereph accidentally nudged his old Xbox model and had his Resident Evil 5 game destroyed. Or doesn't that count because it isn't on video?

Who's the fucktard who decided it was a good idea for consoles to be primarily vertically aligned this generation anyway? I mean seriously. Not one of them feels structurally sound vertically, and even the massive 360 feels like so much as a breath will cause it to fall over and land with a massive crash.

I've moved a 360 with a disk inside it before, but I never tried to change the alignment while it was running. What did happen was my disk got stuck inside the damn tray and it was a pain in the ass to get it to eject properly, but the disk survived miraculously.

When I first got my 360, my mom ended up picking it up while cleaning my room, while I was playing dead rising. The game ended up giving me an error several minutes later and when I pulled the disk out, there was a ring etched in the middle of the cd, it was pretty bad, the xbox luckily I had just bought so i brought it back to target for my money back and went to EB to get a protection plan put on one afterwards, they also swapped out my disk for a new dead rising disk....good times when you know people at a gamestore :D.

I love the SFGHQ attitude:

"I haven't had any hands on experience with this thing, hell, I've barely even seen more than 2 pictures and it's not been released yet and I FUCKING HATE IT!"

cute!

also: I like the idea of it being whisper quiet and having built in wifi - microsoft have addressed the issues that everyone always bitches about and people still aren't happy.

fuck me.

lol ri it's mainly douchebags that already have a 360.

I'm still on the fence though about actually getting one, if I could curve the cost a little I'd probably get one, but I honestly don't use my 360 that much anymore (AND IT'S MODDED!), my ps3 gets more playtime than both the 360 and wii combined. Though the psp and DS beat out all my consoles on total playtime.

Who's the fucktard who decided it was a good idea for consoles to be primarily vertically aligned this generation anyway? I mean seriously. Not one of them feels structurally sound vertically...

Although I do agree that most other consoles do fail when it comes to keeping the console stable when vertically aligned, the wii is a fine example of a console that was made to be vertically aligned. It's very stable once it's in it's stand.

Excuse me sir, but Sereph accidentally nudged his old Xbox model and had his Resident Evil 5 game destroyed. Or doesn't that count because it isn't on video?

I think we both know I wasn't really commenting on Sereph. I was simply making a point about the video you used to stir up this discussion which was, quite frankly, the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. And whether you've heard of it happening on other consoles or it's happened to you is irrelevant. It's a known issue with the Xbox 360 and, quite frankly, it's just one of those basic rules like "touch the power supply or wear an anti-static strap"- you take the disc out first.

To whoever said it: When accidents happen involving something that isn't under warranty, the user generally does have to pay.

And whether you've heard of it happening on other consoles or it's happened to you is irrelevant.

No offense, Scatta, but this is enough for me to give up any discussion with you. Your opinion is no more relevant than mine, and if you don't agree with someone you should at least show some common courtesy.

inb4, nothing of value was lost

No offense, Scatta, but this is enough for me to give up any discussion with you. Your opinion is no more relevant than mine, and if you don't agree with someone you should at least show some common courtesy.

Oh, my bad.. that wasn't really what I meant.

The only point that I think needs making is this.

Never had a scratched disc from either of the Wii's I've owned.

Never had a scratched disc from my PS2.

Never had scratched disc from Dreamcast.

Never had a scratched disc from my Sega CD.

And never had a scratched disc from the many DVD players I've owned.

I do not own a 360 and I know very few people that do. The one time I was hanging around someone who just bought a 360 new from Best Buy it scratched a disc. And no it wasn't moved.