A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Colors Thread

Well, Tails does sound okay. Sonic sounds all "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M SO COOL AND HIP" at the beginning, but does get slightly better later.

At least the mouths actually have some syncing now, unlike SA1 (lol.)

Sonic's voice does irk a bit. But as for Tails I do see a nice improvement. No more over-the-top bullshit.

also, lol @ sonic moonwalking at the beginning

Yeah Im on the fence about Rogers voice...

Kate's voice as Tails... Well to me she makes Tails seem emotionless in that cutscene... like hes bored or like hes miserable... at least with Palant he always seemed some what perky or childish with his voice inflection

Tails probably should be miserable... what with never having anything resembling a major role anymore. He got fucked over worse than Launchpad McQuack.

I suppose... but srsly speaking tho, shudnt his voice be more upbeat?

Also on a side-note, hes a sonic free riders video also showing Tails voice... hes sounds VERY girly to me in this and sounds weird... he kinda sounds like Colleen O'Shaughnessy (who voices Konohamaru and Ino in Naruto)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-nx2-uEP2I

Yeah, I absolutely love the voices, Roger beats out Drummond and Jason by a mile. He sounds older, though he's definitely gonna take some getting used to. Kate does Tails' voice far better than his previous two actors, who were both terrible. While you might be able to recognize the Sakura in the voice at times, he actually sounds like a boy.

The cutscene itself isn't bad, some bits made me chuckle, and at least they hired competent writers this time around.

Yeah, I absolutely love the voices, Roger beats out Drummond and Jason by a mile. He sounds older, though he's definitely gonna take some getting used to. Kate does Tails' voice far better than his previous two actors, who were both terrible. While you might be able to recognize the Sakura in the voice at times, he actually sounds like a boy.

The cutscene itself isn't bad, some bits made me chuckle, and at least they hired competent writers this time around.

In that Sonic Free Riders link, he doesnt sound like a boy at all...

And I dont think Ill get used to Roger's deep sonic voice, but maybe Ill learn to tune it out or tolerate it

I actually didn't mind the animation OR the voices, however Sonic's voice is such a huge departure from the norm that it would take some getting used to. I never had a single issue with whoever voiced Tails in SA/SA2, and although i despise Sakura's english VO in Naruto (along with the rest of the english cast), i think she does Tails pretty well. As long as he doesnt sound like a 4 year old like he did in Heroes or an overexcited 12 year old, I dont really mind. He's a fucking genius, anyway.

I really dont see the issue with the animation you guys are talking about, though. The only thing that stood out for me was the fact that none of the acting is lip synced, which will always throw a cutscene. I remember looking at the FFXIII cutscenes before they were lip synced and i thought they looked terrible.

Sonic's personality change is a breath of fresh air, as well as the whole "this is an in-game render of an American cartoon show from the 90's" feeling. Really, as long as this isn't some shitty "LETS SAVE THE WORLD SUPER EMOTIONAL STORYLINE MEGA EPIC VILLIAN CHEEZY CLICHE LINES THAT TRY HARD NOT TO BE HEDGEHOG SCREWING HUMANS" thing, then I dont mind what they're doing.

but yeah in the end I dont really mind sonic's new voice. He's kind of been missing that whole "fck my dick is huge" attitude, so a superhero vanity voice doesnt bother me. I actually find it funny.

The overall tone of it is rather amusing, like of the rest of the game it isn't trying to impress anyone with any epic storytelling or serious plot. It reminds me of something right out of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, just less insane.