A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Fangames that disappeared.

I miss Riptor's Sonic and Knuckles Alpha. It's pretty much dead. He hasn't posted since 2007, he deleted the videos of it on youtube, and deleted the website too. It will be missed.

I did some necrodigging and found out that SNKA's site is still on http://snka.net.tc/

And also Riptor visited SFGHQ this year on january.

But sadly this doesn't mean that project is alive.

Sonic Groove was a lovely game in its own way. I still remember an old fangame I believe was called Sonic Unity as well. It was something to behold back in the day (at least for me), namely the palette recoloring ability.

You can always ask Nitemare or Taxman so it's not actually one of those disappeared games. And I'm pretty sure that it's being developed.

Thank goodness!

I had heard that this game was cancelled and was instead being replaced with sonic nexus. I truly enjoyed this game and loved (<--- Major Understatement) how the game felt like it was a continuation of s3k (starting with doomsday zone = greatest idea evar).

I'd say what happened to Sonic Revival, but Chaos Rush stopped working on it.

After restarting at least 3 times, I just lost interest and motivation. I'm now into Pokemon.

Also what happened to Sonic GEDA? It was by someone with the username of Power Hedgehog.

After restarting at least 3 times, I just lost interest and motivation. I'm now into Pokemon.

Also what happened to Sonic GEDA? It was by someone with the username of Power Hedgehog.

Me and Power were working on a game that basically took the engine from Time Twisted and kept going. We were using some of his stuff that he created for Geda too. Anyway things were going great but Power disappeared about 3 months ago. I'm working on Sonic Time Twisted alone now.

Sorry if its odd of me to post in a topic when I can't remember if I've even actually posted here using this name or even my original name from 2003 when i discovered this place, but anyways...

I always wondered what happened to RedXVI/DragonXVI, creator of the Thirdscape games, as well as Sonic MADventure (and its sequel...?), in fact I was such a fan of his work that from that day forth I put XVI in every screen name I've ever had on any website, even though I eventually completely forgot where it originated!....

...But anyways, how long has it actually been since a game has actually been completed by anyone?

Well, Sonic Nebulous was finished not too long ago, and Darkleo makes awesome games.

As for Red, I think he's doing professional game work now, which makes sense.

How I wish I could be in the professional gaming field. Coding I don't know too much of honestly, but I'd be just as happy doing the game artwork.

Now, I think there's a few more forgotten games. I do know One that I'm trying to revive now, and then theres another, I can't remember the name, but I know it's not Chaomega. It was another game with Sonic and Shadow playable in it... AH! The Next Revolution: Shadow Returns. THAT'S the name of the game.

Anyone remember a demo that came out at maybe SAGE 2005 called Sonic Chaos Planet or something like that. It was rather short but it was unique in that not many games were showing of levels that were factor/tech setting. To this day that demo still hangs in my mind.

hi :D

the game runs really good

im still taking the project very seriously because i want to recreate that real classic sonic feeling

i even got a yahamah YM synth to create genesis music hehe :victory:

im very very happy with the results so far...:ssmile:

greetings

testpk.jpg

hi :D

the game runs really good

im still taking the project very seriously because i want to recreate that real classic sonic feeling

i even got a yahamah YM synth to create genesis music hehe :victory:

im very very happy with the results so far...:ssmile:

greetings

[qimg]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/7345/testpk.jpg[/qimg]

Wow that's awesome! You just made my day.

I really REALLY hope that you will show us something this SAGE.

Can you tell why did you remove all your videos from Youtube?

P.S.

its ported to mmf 2 with a new engine and a new name

I hope you didn't take Sonic Fusion for obvious reason

Anyone remember a demo that came out at maybe SAGE 2005 called Sonic Chaos Planet or something like that. It was rather short but it was unique in that not many games were showing of levels that were factor/tech setting. To this day that demo still hangs in my mind.

Oh snap, you caught me.

I see you refer to the old 2005 version, which indeed was short. It was also somewhat trashy, with linear paths and sloppy tilesets. I did work on it into 2006 and reworked it in MMF2. I believe I put out a demo or two.

With that version, there were a lot of flaws regarding the engine and general design. While it was much better than my previous version it still wasn't good enough. I'd also tried to shoehorn an old MMF 1.5-based engine into MMF2, which caused some issues. Additionally, for some reason the performance tanked and the game could NOT run a full 60 frames per second, even on computers reaching up to 3 Ghz. (Even tried removing all the objects, and it still lagged) I did have parts of a few more zones started, but with no solution to the performance problem I knew that even if I fixed everything else that would still be there, so I had to give it the axe.

I considered restarting it a few times, actually, using Sonic Worlds, but I feel less inclined to commit myself to a large fangame project-- probably because I feel it is better left to others in the community.

Oh snap, you caught me.

I see you refer to the old 2005 version, which indeed was short. It was also somewhat trashy, with linear paths and sloppy tilesets. I did work on it into 2006 and reworked it in MMF2. I believe I put out a demo or two.

With that version, there were a lot of flaws regarding the engine and general design. While it was much better than my previous version it still wasn't good enough. I'd also tried to shoehorn an old MMF 1.5-based engine into MMF2, which caused some issues. Additionally, for some reason the performance tanked and the game could NOT run a full 60 frames per second, even on computers reaching up to 3 Ghz. (Even tried removing all the objects, and it still lagged) I did have parts of a few more zones started, but with no solution to the performance problem I knew that even if I fixed everything else that would still be there, so I had to give it the axe.

I considered restarting it a few times, actually, using Sonic Worlds, but I feel less inclined to commit myself to a large fangame project-- probably because I feel it is better left to others in the community.

Why don't you give your sources to someone else then?

To Hez for example.