A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Chaosu Creation topic

Aikocho

I'm making this thread to store certain stuff to the public. I honestly doubt my skills, so I want most of your opinions if possible.

For starters, I really want to emulate the feeling you can get from Music in Mega Drive Games, preferably Sonic games. So as a result, I made these with a sound font in FL Studios.

Sonic Level Music 1

File Select from Chaotix

Sonic Level Music 1:

Very catchy tune. I see a tropical paraside type level with this.

it's not bad, might actually work well as the bgm for Slash Hill Zone.=E

FileSelect:

This sounds like a mix of Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotic. Although it s better repeative. I'd trying adding a "break down".

Hmm, I liked the "Sonic Level Music 1" song, although it was a bit... let's say, hearing this jingle the whole day would cause me serious headaches because of the instruments... I hope you understand... But the notes are awesome.

Now about your File Select song... I just loved what you made here. I think you should've put more "booms!" here, but oh, nevermind.

Keep the good work (:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Actually the intro is Route 99 (I'm guessing act 1?) from Sonic Advance 3 and the latter half of the song is "Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku" from Dragonball GT.
No, I'm pretty sure it's the Super Transform music for the fan game Sonic Zero.

:V

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, you really know your stuff. ^_^ I need to get used to using my Megadrive soundfonts. xD;

Anyway, I'm particularly fond of your Game Gear remixes, including Sonic Zero's boss theme being a souped-up version of Sonic 2 GG's boss theme. :3

The latest song... Might be a little too quiet in the beginning instrument-wise. Maybe adding a very light drumbeat or a second instrument to back up the main melody before everything else kicks in?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...