A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[LET'S PLAY] Do The Timewarp

Steven M

Edit: IT'S SATURDAY, BITCHES

This thread is for the SFGHQ Let's Play of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (also known as TMNT IV).

greenslimeballsiv.jpg

The sequel to TMNT Arcade, and a classic side-scrolling beat-em-up in its own right, this game sees the titular turtles trash the terrifying Technodrome - before taking a tubular trip through time. Players will battle classic villains from the TV series like Baxter Stockman, Metalhead and the Shredder, and depending on which version you're playing (SNES or Arcade) you'll see some familiar faces from the live-action movies too!

RULES

1) If you want to play, great - announce what time you and your mates will play so you all know when to start. We're going to have at least one playthrough per game. If more people want to play, and they can arrange it properly, then it's alright.

2) Have fun!

(TENTATIVE) SCHEDULE

SATURDAY

tmnt4-snes1.png

TMNT IV for the Super Nintendo! This port of the Konami classic has a good few changes from the arcade, the most tragic being that a maximum of two players only are allowed to fight the Foot, the most awesome being the inclusion of the aforementioned Technodrome level. If I remember correctly you have a limited number of continues in this game, so if you haven't played Turtles for a while you may want to get some practice in before the big show.

A game of TMNT IV means two players working together via a SNES emulator with online play. You should also have a mic and sound/video recorder setup for the game, too, but that's a given for Let's Plays.

SUNDAY

tmnt4-3.png

The arcade smash hit Turtles in Time, in all its old-school four-player glory!

One game of Turtles in Time via MAME, although this is up for debate - if there's enough people willing to organise a game, we could manage two playthroughs.

UP FOR DEBATE

1) I'm considering a Let's Play for other ports of this game, in particular the PlayStation Network version and the Reshelled remake for the 360. The big question is - are there enough people willing? Would they be able to sort out a Let's Play for the weekend? Do let me know!

2) Is this weekend too early to organise a playthrough? Is it fine? I'm all for it either way.

3) I'd like a team of people to help me organise this showdown (preferably mods?) in case I have any embarrassing questions to ask in the process (probably a lot) or if I'm not around to sort things out, depending on different time zones. Who knows.

We're doing this as a Let's Play? I thought we were just going to set up some times for people to play the game together.

Let's plays allow funny banter and lolz for all. Its better. Unless you're too shy to speak in the mic. :P

You can get a mic for like 5 bucks. I don't see why you don't just do all the games on MAME if you can play four players on that and only 2 on the other.

What is Let's Play anyway?

5 dollar microphones are all garbage. I already own a good microphone.

As for what is Let's Play, it started on Something Awful and has become something of an Internet sensation. Just look it up.

We're doing this as a Let's Play? I thought we were just going to set up some times for people to play the game together.

It's more fun as a Let's Play since people can talk to each other. I'd say you could do it muted if you really want, but a cheap mic is easy to get a hold of.

I don't see why you don't just do all the games on MAME if you can play four players on that and only 2 on the other.

Mostly it's due to organising four players per game. Also you have to make sure MAME works properly on your machine (mine doesn't for example). Besides that, it gives people a choice since there are a good few differences between the original and the SNES port.

What is Let's Play anyway?

You play through the game while commentating on it. List of examples.

Yea I originally thought this was a spin off of SA's lets play threads. :( I was wrong.

Though that'd be really cool to do that on here actually anyone else think so?

EDIT: to contribute to this thread, this is an awesome idea. I used to play and beat the SNES version every weekend. If you haven't played it yet, do yourself a favor and do so (it's not a ground breaking game, it's just a kickass beat em up)