A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Revived

Best graphics ever.

Oh my gawd someone tried to draw something of their own for once!

Okay, I'm at zone 2 act 2 right now. I'm still playing but I thought I'd just say some stuff for now and edit when I finish.

First thing is, regardless of the graphics, it's not that bad. It reminds me of my first fangame, except mine had a lot worse level design of course.

First zone was easy excluding the very beginning. I HATE that enemy. I had to keep trying to get to it before it would throw something at me. Please put it a little further back.

Another thing, the next enemy is also annoying. Don't put an enemy right after a speed panel. It's extremely hard to see.

The boss in zone 1 was evil. I got hurt too many times to count before I started to understand his moves and avoiding messing up. Two things you should know. 1, lower his health. Way too many hits. 2, I went far to the left of the screen and what do you know? I went to the end of act 2 again. You shouldn't be able to leave the left or right of the screen.

BTW, the way you made ring monitors give rings is very interesting. They're hard to get though. Many of the rings fall through the ground with the exception of 1 or 2 which I have to chase to get.

Zone 2 made me glad you gave me -1 lives. I had no idea what that thing was at the beginning and lost a life right away. Then understanding what to do, I kept dieing when I hit speed panels and diagonal bounces and got pushed into the blast. Finally past that, the rest was easy.

What are the special rings for that you made hard to get?

Your sound effects sound like loud recordings. We have sound samples around the site you can use instead.

Other than that, it's looking good. Here are some things you can add in the future.

If you have 1 ring and you get hurt, loose 1 ring, not like 5 or something. That was the only reason I survived the first boss however.

When you're grinding, make Sonic position himself so his feet are on the rail.

Consider programming slopes. I was able to in my first GM attempt ever so I don't think it should be too hard.

Try adding acceleration and decelleration. It's extremely easy to implement and it'll make the game more professional.

That's all for now. I'll have an update when I finish.

Edit: What's this? When I die, I keep my rings and my time restarts. Time should keep going and I should loose all my rings. Also, when I start the act I should have no rings at all.

Sonic4RevivedScreenie1.png

WTF do I do here? I can't progress through the level.

Edit2: BTW, I forgot to mention that when I had a shield and it touched a spike, it dissapeared even though Sonic wasn't touching it. Please fix. It was an amazingly hard attempt to get past that part with my shield intact.

Okay, now the posts about the graphics are starting to get annoying. I know they are bad, but there is no need to point it out, or make sarcastic remarks about it. I'm working on the graphics, trying to make them better. So in the time being, please, be patient.