A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So Does Anyone Believe Sonic in SMG2?

OverbounD

I think they did it for a few reasons. The source is legit, its not too out of the ordinary with SSBM and MS:OG, and the fact that I read that they've basically been done with this game for quite some time but are waiting to release it because they didn't want to release it at the same time as NSMB Wii. So given they've already had the game basically done its reasonable to think they went back to add something really cool and extra don't you think?

• Like 1

Haha I was expecting a reaction like that. I always get that. I won't deny that Mario Galaxy is a technically well made game, but I just cannot stand to play it. It wasn't as great of a game experience for me that everyone kept telling me it was. Mario Galaxy 2 looks to be more of the same, so I'm not really all too excited for it.

Except that Mario 64 had an awful camera and clunky controls. As much as I love the game, Mario 64 hasn't aged as well as SMB3 and SMW have.

Oh I will agree with the camera issues, but it was the first kick at it and I still feel it is the best representation of Mario in a 3D space. It still felt very Mario-like, which I feel the later 3D titles just seemed to miss.

Why, that's... that's as crazy as saying the old Sonic games were the best and the others came nowhere close!!

Wait a second...

Haha oh shit

See, I didn't think it was anything like a Mario game the first time I played it. It was an entirely different genre even. It was like they turned a platform game series into a puzzle solving adventure game. And that change is present in all of the 3D Mario games, but with glimpses of platformer in them. Super Mario Sunshine had considerably more than the first with its weird 'bonus' areas like the ones where they took Fludd from you or that harder than hell sandbird thing. Super Mario Galaxy was consistently more platformer than the other two though. Thats one of the reasons it wins the spot of best 3D Mario to me.

Wait, are people saying Mario 64 isn't a good game, because I don't even want to know them

Even Mario Sunshine had at least some fun gameplay elements (even though the water gimmick seemed pointless). With the exception of weird games like Mario is Missing or something, Mario has put out consistently good games forever. I wish the same could be said for Sonic.

Also, SMG was so good, because it brought out this childlike feeling of playing a videogame I hadn't felt in a really long time. I was smiling ear to ear the first time I played that level with the dessert theme

Wait, are you saying you are illiterate, because I don't even want to know that.

I mean really, when you outright say you love a game, that usually means you don't think it's not a good game. I mean, damn. I've only done the whole 120 stars thing twice because I like the game so much. The remake too. Not 100% I mean, just played it to the typical end.