A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I knew it was bound to happen...

Power Hedgehog

Firstly, I regret not getting EITHER one of my flu shots. My family kept on telling me that I was more than likely gonna get sick if I didn't get them.

Now I am playing for it. I have been sick for about a week and a half now. They were very heavy flu-like symptoms. It got so bad the second day that my grandmother had to take me into the emergency room. I just got the news back yesterday that my test came back POSITIVE for the H1N1 Flu Virus. I'm actually feeling a little better now, but I am still being punished with a slight fever. I was always a person saying "This would NEVER happen to me...", but now I can't say anything like that. Because I am in the danger age range of contracting it, I knew I should have gotten my shots when they were available, but with all this talk about people getting sick from the shot, I didn't want to take the chance, though now the shot would have been better than getting the real virus. This is punishment from saying that I would never get sick. Everyone in my house got their H1N1 flu shots and their seasonal flu shots except me. How could I be so stupid!?

Why so much drama for this flu anyway? I had it too and it's weaker than the common flu :/

Same here.

But some places around here are flipping over about some 3-4 people who died of it (Around a whole state). Just having a healthy life and being hygienic is all you need. The coomon flu though, gave me a headache I can't forget. It felt like I could barely walk and I didn't even know what I was saying. Also, taking a shower hurt like small rocks falling on your head.

Every antidote contains a bit of the virus or whatever itself.

[qimg]http://www.newton64.ca/images/TheMoreYouKnow.gif[/qimg]

Well, lot of the time it's inactive or a variant of the disease.

The injection of the H1N1 is a dead virus, the nasal spray is a live virus.

Knowing the Army, they'll give us the spray. Fuck.

Anyways, to avoid the flu:

-Take daily multi-vitamin and extra C

-Wash your hands before eating and taking a piss (YES, BEFORE; urine's sterile) and after coming home from going out anywhere

the way i heard it, they bitched about it so you'd buy their vaccine.

Wikipedia states the swine flu's fatality rate is like fucking 0.01-0.03%. So far in this country it's killed around 11,000 people since its emergence (which has almost been a year), and common statistics report regular ol' Influenza knocks off about 36,000 people a year.

Seems to me its less dangerous than the one we've had all along.