A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

I FU**ING told you there would be an Ice cap clone! Thats the reason it wasnt in generation What other way to make Sonic fans love it then to put an Ice Cap themed level in it?

I predicted this from day 1 and I'm glad I was correct, If I Was SEGA I would of done the exact same thing to bring Sonic back..

Is it just me or does It look nothing like Ep.1? Sonic the hedgehog 5 Would actually sound more fitting

• 1 month later...

Interesting news today. Sega unveiled a

at GameSpot today (via On The Spot) and a nice bit of free bonus content for owners of Episode 1 & 2 (the latter of which comes out next month for PS3 and 360, 15th and 16th respectively) called "Episode Metal".

Said episode allows you to play as Metal Sonic in Episodes 1 & 2 and includes "four exclusive levels".

This Episode Metal thing doesn't make me want to buy Episode I.

I mean, Episode I with what seems like not much more than a Metal Sonic skin? Ah come on.

Exclusive levels... what a joke. I hate Splash Hill.

EDIT: Calling it "Episode Metal" otherwise than "Metal Sonic skin for Sonic 4 Episode I" really pisses me off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quote from youtube but found it quite intresting

"Fun fact, the good ending of sonic 4 ep 1 on the wii said "To be continued?" and the other versions said "To be continued..." SEGA knew ep2 wasn't going to be on the wii from the beginning."

Can anyone confirm that this statement is true? That the Wii says "To be continued?

I highly doubt the creators of this game give two rat shits about continuity with the genesis games. If they did, Sonic 4 wouldn't have been Sonic-only and sucked so bad.

I thought there were only the Sonic 2 death egg and the Sonic 3&Knuckles death egg. I'd figure the above statement counts for the other games that featured the death egg too, perhaps minus the suck part.

I highly doubt the creators of this game give two rat shits about continuity with the genesis games. If they did, Sonic 4 wouldn't have been Sonic-only and sucked so bad.

I thought there were only the Sonic 2 death egg and the Sonic 3&Knuckles death egg. I'd figure the above statement counts for the other games that featured the death egg too, perhaps minus the suck part.

Both Death Eggs are the same: the Death Egg crashed on Angel Island at the end of Sonic 2, hence how he got there and had a badnik army ready by the time Sonic got there. His robots aren't wood. =P

The only continuity I know of with two different Death Eggs is Sonic the Comic (never seen an Archie comic, so I'm unsure...)