A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/01/e48ad8d50ff2b70c74d90bfa53e84cac.jpg

Well well well, look what's in the top banner. The closest thing we have to a screenshot! Looks like Seaside Hill maybe?

SEGA also released some concept art:

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/01/20/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-ii-%E2%80%93-concept-art-friday/

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150528537107418&set=a.10150528535672418.399291.23050342417&type=1&ref=nf

Each Friday SEGA will put up new concept art on both pages. I'm glad they didn't hype up this announcement this time and instead just straight up let us know how it's gonna roll.

BUMP

New badnik on Sonic's Facebook page. They call it "Sandworm".

Sonic 4 Episode 1 = Sonic 1/2 Episode 2.

Sonic 4 Episode 2 = Sonic 2/&Knuckles/CD Episode 2.

Sonic 4 Episode 3 = Sonic 3/3DBlast Episode 2.

Sonic 4 Episode 4 (?) = Sonic Unleashed/Colors Episode 2.

Sonic 4 Episode 5 (?) = Sonic Generations/ Sonic Adventure/Sonic Adventure 2 Episode 2.

Right?:ahuh:

EDIT: And Sonic 5 (?) = Sonic 2006 =P (Or a true Sonic 4)

A gameplay trailer is something they should've shown in the first place. They're trying to string us along again with a teaser and concept art.

Until they do show us something of actual substance, fuck off, Sega.

The way Sega works with sonic games, when they are confident that what they've done is sufficient, they never hesitate to show off gameplay. They did the same thing with Unleashed, Colors and Generations.

Shit like this though, i dont know how they can think anyone will care for another Sonic 4 episode after playing Generations.

Shit like this though, i dont know how they can think anyone will care for another Sonic 4 episode after playing Generations.

True. Sonic Generations had a huge hype. Sonic 4 episode 2 has no hype at all,I never knew about it before I saw this theard. Even though the teaser was up for like...longer than a month. (I just saw the teaser today. )

It's probably because Sonic 4 episode 1 didn't go so well,then SEGA tried to fix it up with sonic generations,now most of the fans are happy with generations classic sonic and nobody cares about sonic 4 anymore.

Yeah, they always indicate how the game will be through coverage. They had no hesitation whatsoever in the last 3 major platform sonic titles, held many interviews, and posted plenty of videos of reps (like Aaron Weber) doing full stage runs.

The reluctance to show stuff now is unsettling i guess. But I dont expect any kind of 180 turn with Sonic 4. The game seems to be dead-set on being built of reused assets and shit, while Sonic 1-S&K only drastically improved in level design and theming, but most importantly, reused almost nothing from previous games. It's obvious what Sonic 4 is trying to do.

It's the sheer opposite of what a Sequel is supposed to be. That's why i don't care for it in the slightest.

In other news, unrelated to Sonic 4, i got SonicCD PS3 off a friend's account. And everything i remember tends to hold true....everything about this game is just fucking frustrating. The time gimmick, finding crap on the stage, hitting future signs, speed sequences that pretty much force you into a time period you probably didn't wanna go to, annoying level design...

I think Wacky Workbench act 1 is most definitely the most annoying stage in any classic sonic game in existence. Sonic CD's tenancy to throw you backwards at blistering speeds in every level is just making me not even wanna keep playing.

I think Wacky Workbench act 1 is most definitely the most annoying stage in any classic sonic game in existence. Sonic CD's tenancy to throw you backwards at blistering speeds in every level is just making me not even wanna keep playing.

If you play Wacky Workbench the way it's supposed to be played, it's, like, the easiest stage.

gotta admit, i love the side mouth. Adds loads of character and is a nice throwback to the old artwork.

I don't think the position of the mouth is a problem for me, it's just the sheer lack of expression in Sonic's face. It's more of a grimace than a smirk.