A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

If it's a Sonic Advance game in HD, it'll be a 4-level Sonic Advance game in HD. It's important to remember that what you are buying here isn't a game, but an episode.

If SEGA thought their products were quality, episode 1 would be free and we'd be expected to play that and then want to buy The Earth Explodes and Sonic Must Die purely from the enjoyment of episode 1.

It's kind of a trap though. Secret of the Oracle was quite a bit better than The Armageddon Machine.

But generally with the XBLA releases the demos/trials come out the same time as the full game so you can try it - beat a level or whatever and then unlock the full game and continue playing it unlocked + get whatever achievements you might have earned. I think that is what LH was getting at.

it would be nice if this game wasn't just Sonic 2 with up to date graphics.

Quote of the day. Period.

IMO, all it is is Sonic Advance level design**+ *modern* Classic Sonic visuals and Eggbosses + like... 1 or 2 ACTUAL original content.

**(Sonic 1-3&K sure as hell did not have a downward slope with a spring at the end, nor did they do overkill on the boosters.)

If it was original though that'd take away from the point of it being the "ReIntroduction Episode" aka a "Best of Sonic 1/2"." It's like hating Mega Man Powered Up for being a rehash/remake.

A lot of people don't like that though, so uh, all I say is wait for Episode 2.

If it was original though that'd take away from the point of it being the "ReIntroduction Episode" aka a "Best of Sonic 1/2"." It's like hating Mega Man Powered Up for being a rehash/remake.

A lot of people don't like that though, so uh, all I say is wait for Episode 2.

But wasn't that supposed to be a remake? And isn't this supposed to be a sequel? Maybe thats why it upsets people.

And yeah theres no reason for this to be episodic, unless it was two episodes that each had at least 6 levels and combined to unlock a few new things. But that wouldn't be original enough they already did that.

But wasn't that supposed to be a remake? And isn't this supposed to be a sequel? Maybe thats why it upsets people.
Like I said, this is the Reintroduction Episode. It's to remind the fans who don't have a Genesis anymore and probably haven't touched a Sonic game since they were 4 what the fundamentals were like. So in essence, Sonic 4 Episode 1 IS meant to be a remake/rehash. This was in an interview IIRC, but I'd have to dig through every single one and I cba atm :V
And yeah theres no reason for this to be episodic, unless it was two episodes that each had at least 6 levels and combined to unlock a few new things. But that wouldn't be original enough they already did that.
The more the merrier, or in this case, the bigger the game, the more to play :awink: