A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Adventure AlonGames 3d Sonic engine, a WIP

Alonguy

It needs quite a bit of work. Sonic seems to get wonky in movement when moving on a downward incline; which is one of the most important things he traverses across! But it is a rather good start. Maybe working more with the engine's physics you could get better results with the character collision, but who knows; I haven't messed with Irrlicht before.

Heh, that was the old version. To fix that glitch, I made EVERYTHING smaller in the Sonic/Shadow demo. The reason the physics are messed up is because I can't figure the correct formula to get Sonic to "conform" to the terrain he's standing on. (I tried so many things...) But, anyway, I tried to lip synch Sonic's mouth in the first part (The voice was part of the game, just me practicing!).

hmm nice engine you have here, with a little of tweaks it could be a nice engine to work out, i dunno about the PhysX or ODE, but it doesn't looks that is handled that way the physics, i worked some time with irrlitch, well i can't model anything in 3D but is a very easy engine to work when you are used to it, if you add the homming attack or going on rails or something like that, just do the homming at least like SA2B or more in a curved way, and the rails well i like it how the rails where hanlded in SU ps3/360 version, if you can do something like that it could be a great engine.