A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

yay I fixed it but dont like my system scratching it

Serephim

This is the second mother fucking disc my 360 has eaten. First it ate my Gears of War while i tried to move it a foot to the right, it ate 6 maps on my Halo 3 when i bumped it while playing live...

...And now it just eats my 1 day old RE5 Christmas Present.

Is there anything Microsoft does to fix this shit? Between the RROD and it turning my brand new videogames into FUCKING records i really am seconds away from Ebay-ing this bullshit and getting a ps3.

--

Yeah Q.Qing aside:

Gamestop Disc Repair fluid works charms on scratches. Ive fixed both my RE5 and my Blazblue (half of the gallery froze my Xbox thanks to scratched disc), and later ill fix my gears.

And when i get back on campus monday, ill fix that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 that my friend didn't know we scratched for the dreamcast. (EFF YES)

Its just not fucking fair. Ive been dying to play Resident Evil 5, but if this had been a $60 Modern Warfare 2 or Final Fantasy XIII i would have chucked this shit out the window.

Even if i dont sell my 360, im never buying another game on it i could have gotten for another system. Having a brand new (not used) videogame be eaten only an hour into the game is the most frustrating shit ever. And i cant do anything about it.

I just got a ps3 for christmas, and it got freezed when closing the internet navigator o.O!

So I decided to search in internet (PC internet obiously) if it was normal or it happened to more people.

After reading in a lot of forums, the conclusion is:

1:

Some consoles uses to freeze ingame, for some strange reason, and closing the navigator when loading some pages too.

2:

Sony did a great disaster with the ps3 firmware. It could delete thing from HD, stop recognizing the HD, kill the BD reader,....kill the entire ps3 really.

If you dont have any problem with your ps3 you are really lucky then.

Wow, what a bunch of fail.

At least RE5 has a PC port. A friend got it, and had no problems, as his DVD drive is not the piece of shit that the 360 has...

And that's the current trend with games and consoles: Release them when they are about 20% done and throw updates, patches and "free replacements" all the fucking time.

Okay first of all, Sponick, stay out of the thread already. Second. Sorry to hear that Sereph, but isn't it a dust buildup issue or something? Not saying its you're fault, but I'm sure if you bitch enough to microsoft's tech support you'll get something out of them. And I know you're good at bitching. Wink wink.

XBOX 360: Red ring of death, sudden death.

Wii: Game cube had best games and better graphics

PS3: Annoying firmware issues, freezing games and failing BD reader.

"new generation" consoles = FAIL

Since this is about things breaking, let me redo your Wii statement.

Wii: Scummy residue builds up rapidly on shitty apple white plastic. Sensors on remotes start degrading within a year.

rofl ila

First it ate my Gears of War while i tried to move it a foot to the right

Sereph, there's your problem. Microsoft's known to have faulty hardware issues on pretty much any given 360, but this is one they have failed to fix. I'm not even sure if it's a problem in the first place, but if you move your 'box in any way while a disc is spinning inside, it will get fucked via huge perfectly circular scratch. I learned my lesson the first time scratching up my friend's copy of Dead Rising: make sure your 360 is settled down in one place.

I read that it's even stated in the official user's guide somewhere, not like people read those. Or do they?

I would personally stay away from the 360 this generation and have a PC gaming rig + PS3 (if circumstances allowed it). Sure, a crapload of 360 games aren't ported to the PC, but you'd have most (if not all) genres covered for your gaming needs.

If I were you and MS didn't bother to cover the damages, I'd just play the PC version (although I wouldn't buy it). If your PC can't handle it, then all I can do to comfort you is to say that RE5 is really a letdown compared to RE4 (this coming from someone who played the dreaded PC RE4 port with a million workarounds for normal gameplay). Unless you wanted to play it with other people in multiplayer, it's not that much of an experience.

Feel your pain bud, I've had 2 xboxes ROD'd already.

The game store round my place lets me exchange Xboxes though, Elite's don't seem to red ring as much from what I can see, mine's still going.

Ask for a refund or exchange, they're more likely to let you if you make a fuss.

edit: same goes for RES

I would personally stay away from the 360 this generation and have a PC gaming rig + PS3 (if circumstances allowed it). Sure, a crapload of 360 games aren't ported to the PC, but you'd have most (if not all) genres covered for your gaming needs.

If I were you and MS didn't bother to cover the damages, I'd just play the PC version (although I wouldn't buy it). If your PC can't handle it, then all I can do to comfort you is to say that RE5 is really a letdown compared to RE4 (this coming from someone who played the dreaded PC RE4 port with a million workarounds for normal gameplay). Unless you wanted to play it with other people in multiplayer, it's not that much of an experience.

PS3s die just as much as 360s. Don't try to act like they die any less than 360s do.

it does state that you shouldn't move the 360 whilst a disc is in it.

:/

PS3s die just as much as 360s. Don't try to act like they die any less than 360s do.

this is true, it's just that more people own 360s than PS3s so you will obviously hear a lot more about Xbox failures.

Dude... no.

this is true, it's just that more people own 360s than PS3s so you will obviously hear a lot more about Xbox failures.

Xbox360 units sold: 31mil

PS3 units sold: 27mil

A 4 million difference in units sold and 40% difference in failure rates means their failure rate is the same for both of them?

About the Xbox, you can somewhat improve the chances of it not dying by removing the X-clamp (you don't need to buy that DIY product, you can pretty much remove it with your standard hardware). But that only stops RROD. No idea about the disc scratching.

Wii: Scummy residue builds up rapidly on shitty apple white plastic. Sensors on remotes start degrading within a year.

Really? I did not know that. That explains why the cursor kept going offscreen during that Boo race in Mario Galaxy (That was annoying).

Guess I'll be using my new black Wii remote from here on out.