A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Game Maker's New Logo

OverbounD

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm logging in to say that I feel that that company lost it's credibility with me when it appointed a man named Sandy to its CEO position. Also, make your own damn logo. When you leave it up to fans, the other fans will bitch when the one fan's stupid shitty artwork (and judging by my thread history here, I KNOW stupid shitty artwork) is chosen over their stupid shitty artwork, or when the logo changes at all.

yoyogames going bankrupt would be the cherry on top of this cake of fail

all of those look good without the gradients (and most were born without the gradients and had them added later)

Right, but most of those have been simplified to their basic shape at some point in the interest of graphic design.

I suppose if it's not necessary to the design (like fading the borders or something), then it might not be too bad (see: Apple logo, which exists both with and without gradations while still retaining its identity).

And I'll leave it at that, because I'm too tired to get wrapped up in another one of our bullshit cyclical arguments about nothing.

The CEO of Yoyogames (the person who chose the logo) has now started teasing her customers who dislike the logo for bad grammar. Seriously I hate it when people use shit grammar too but don't make fun of your customers.

What a douchey thing to do.

Have to agree with cyborg_ar here (and I bet Mark Overmars secretly might too) - wish YoYo would just go die in a fire already.

Sandy is a guy by the way.