A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Genesis Project (No Name)

P3DR0

There's nothing done yet. I'm looking for spriters and programers. Please, help. :P

Sonic.png

This is our Sonic. (Yes, I know there's a lot of problems).

Sonic and Tails sprite:

sontails.pngBoth has a Sonic CD/OVA style and custom. (I know, Tails has no arms).

surprise.png

Story Mode. (Mock-up)

The story will be in a "new" angel island. Made by a lot of little floating islands around.

Well, there's nothing done, yet. Actually I'm looking for help. If you want to, please send me a PM.

TennysonJ and DeathDaniel (whom I suspect to be the same person), stop harassing people to get what you want unless you're paying them in some kind of way to be able to do so.

@Pedro: You don't have enough content to make this kind of thread! You should know doing threads like this, when you're not a member who has released games in the past and is only planning to solely work on the one game they're proposing help for, will just die anyway.

I think LarkSS put it much nicer than I was typing, but then lost because I accidentally refreshed the page. Stop this dogpile bullshit. Say something once and leave it at that. P3DRO don't feed the trolls. And if this BS extends to some place outside of SFGHQ, keep it out. I'm tired of immigrants from youtube or wherever coming here and dragging along their own personal problems.

Tenny and Daniel, I disagree with your discouraging attitudes. I view your personal attacks and negative attitude towards Pedro's project as detrimental to the community. We should be encouraging each other with our projects, not requesting their threads be locked. And looking at both of your post history, your behavior elsewhere doesn't seem to be much better than it is here. Tenny is temp banned for two weeks, and Death Daniel for three for his previous history of idiocy. Shape up, or you're gone forever. And be thankful it's so short - there's already been talk to boot you guys out for good.

Pedro, it's your own prerogative if you want to have a bunch of projects, though it may be a bit unproductive. Get more content soon, please. You probably should have waited a little longer before requesting help for something you don't have much to show for, but I'm letting it slide because you've already shown us some of your work in the past.

That said, I cleaned this thread up of the spam/fighting. If anyone requests I undelete their posts, let me know. Back on topic now!

I do quite like those graphics, Pedro.

This is our Sonic. (Yes, I know there's a lot of problems).

Hardly, it's very stylized and I dig it. The sprites are really cool and unique as well.

That being said, you should, at the very least get a proof-of-concept build going. A test level in Sonic Worlds or something using Sonic 3 gfx to at least show what kind of game play you're going for. And I'm not sure how your other projects have turned out, but you should really just pick one and go with it. Personally, I'd say since this is the most recent project, cancel Sonic Henceforth and go with this. Take all that box exploding/breaking into pieces stuff and put it into Sonic Worlds, build a level/menu/that world system and then come back.

Also, you should've posted this in your original post:

d_dunes.png

@Above

1. :( Advance/Rush sprites? :(

2. The foreground sand's color is too different from the background for me. It just bugs me.

3. Realisticly, that broken pillar on the top-left cannot support itself in the air.

4. The background's hue/color/whatever doesn't change as it goes into the distance, making it look as if it's going upward or something.

Password, you forgot number 5, which is that it's a mock up with no intentions of being a perfect scene.

Also in regards to your fourth complaint, that's a pic of a desert, and deserts usually are very dry and lack large things which would obstruct light, no? So in which case, there's little humidity to cause the colors of the sand to fade as it goes further out, and there's no sloping or obstacles to prevent it from being evenly lit. The waves of sand already shrink as it goes further away, so there's absolutely nothing wrong with the bg. The only issue if any would be that the color doesn't match the foreground sand as you've said.

3. Realisticly, that broken pillar on the top-left cannot support itself in the air.

Realistically, everything you see in a picture is not all that there is in existence, so the platform could very well extend further out and have supports out-of-view. There's absolutely no reason to be so critical of a mock-up for a "game" that's not even a game yet.

Ah. I apologize for some of my wrong critiscm.. I haven't found that the picture was a mockup until I saw Pedr0's post in the Art Forum, as well. I'm not very educated on how humidity and light works right now, however, so I was very wrong on that, too. (Argh, I'm feeling abit like an idiot right now.)

2. The foreground sand's color is too different from the background for me. It just bugs me.

I actually agree with this. They should be a slightly more similar color, they don't really mix well at all here.

Do you have a problem with the floating ring too? :awink:

@Above

1. :( Advance/Rush sprites? :(

This is the absolute most annoying comment to read when i come into these topics. Whats with the genesis sprites fetish? Get over it already, it isnt like hes going to change his sprites and backgrounds to the far more limited genesis sprites just for your personal enjoyment. I really dont get you guys sometimes.

Realistically a blue bipedal hedgehog moving at the speed of sound should disintegrate in the atmosphere but you dont see us complaining. I think the pillar (along with floating platforms, rings, and continents, mind you) can slide.