A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Does anyone remember that fan Metal Gear movie?

tentril

Hmmm... Being involved with the fan-gaming community, I know that sometimes the quality isn't really up to par on some projects, so I'm kind of skeptical even more of fan-made movies. But still this looks pretty good and I love MGS. This will make for a good movie to watch Saturday night. I'll let you know my other comments later. Seems promising though.

This was actually a lot better than I thought it would be.

The pacing kindof sucked at times and the acting was hit and miss. That Pierre guy was great though. To think though, that a film of this quality could be produced with their budget though... Kinda makes you question what exactly the hollywood filmmakers drop hundreds of millions for to make their films.

The lack of sync with the dubbing turned me off instantly. I don't know why people always overlook audio, because it's half of the fuckin' movie.

If they were going to dub the whole movie like they did, they should have invested in some plug-ins for ProTools (which I assume that they used to edit). VocAlign matches up the dubbed audio with the production audio like muh'fuckin' magic after a few tries and configuratin'. Also, all of the voices sound like they're still in the recording booth, even when characters are outside or in echo-prone locations. Get some gatdamn TL Space, nuccas.

And will somebody tell this camera op how to frame a two-person conversation? Both people on the right side of the frame? Really?

So wait, it was filmed in Italian, dubbed in English, and the site offers a subtitle file for the movie... in Italian.

Hmm... curiouser and curiouser.

I actually wouldn't mind to watch it in Italian. I'm very intolerant of dubs as opposed to subs. I'm still gonna watch it, once my school work winds down.