A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Unleashed Revival Engine Lags

well as the title says, im using the Unleashed Revival Engine to do a game, but i have a little problem, lags, the game lags badly, even reducing the size of the room or putting the objdeactivate, well putting that object makes the game almost playable but the problem is it deactivates the paralax and put the scenary objects in front of sonic instead of behind, i dunno how to fix the lag i tried everything but it keeps laging, so anybody knows a better way to fix the lags in the engine?

Slow down and type a clean, readable post next time Gear.

Guessing that you're using GM since you failed to mention what program you're using, I think your major problem is the lack of object management support. Damizean made a DLL for GM that stores and manages objects within your room, which you may be able to dig up with a good old forum search.

@DW: You're 3000 posts away from retirement!

Thanks, yeah i forgot to mention my PC specs and the program im using, i thought that in here was a post to the Game Maker engine Sonic Unleashed revival engine, i don't remember now who did the engine, but yeah it could work trying to find that dll thanks LarkSS for the tip, i dunno my computer is a 512 MB of Ram, with a GeForce 5200 with 128 mb ram and a Pentium 4 2.2 GHZ, i think isn't my computer since i can play other sonic games without problem, i will try all you guys said, thanks again and sorry for the fast speed post ñ_ñ sometimes i forget to put the comas XDD

EDIT: here i find the link to the engine after a little search in the forum

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5149

the engine is modified by Sponik, but im not using the beta 3, im using the beta 4

Put the objDeactivate in your room though a few stuff will ticker. Just put the views to 320x240(if you want to)

thanks i will try that one, if not i think is the music in the game since i have problem loading wav into the game for a strange reason, and i have to use all in MP3, i was trying to use the OGG format, but because im a little unexperienced with DLL and those for the moment is a no-no, so im going to see if i can pull off some external loading for the music, maybe that cuts off the lag

thanks i will try that one, if not i think is the music in the game since i have problem loading wav into the game for a strange reason, and i have to use all in MP3, i was trying to use the OGG format, but because im a little unexperienced with DLL and those for the moment is a no-no, so im going to see if i can pull off some external loading for the music, maybe that cuts off the lag

Yeah lol I'm having trouble with DLL too.

Note:I have MP3's preloaded in my game too, It barely lags with the

ObjDeactivate.

Yeah lol I'm having trouble with DLL too.

Note:I have MP3's preloaded in my game too, It barely lags with the

ObjDeactivate.

i get rid of all the Preloaded object and sounds thing and with ObjDeactivate runs smooth as i wanted, but now i have two new problems, one the ObjDeactivate deactivates the background drawing object and the paralax one, and two it puts sonic behind the scenary objects and because i used scenary objects to do the border of the stage, and tiles to fill it in to not be using objects in all the room because the lag sonic goes behind the border of the stage sometimes like the ceiling of an underground path, and is kinda ugly like that, but the lag isn't there anymore, only i have those problems at the moment, so anyone knows how to fix those problems without deleting the objdeactivate in the room?

i get rid of all the Preloaded object and sounds thing and with ObjDeactivate runs smooth as i wanted, but now i have two new problems, one the ObjDeactivate deactivates the background drawing object and the paralax one, and two it puts sonic behind the scenary objects and because i used scenary objects to do the border of the stage, and tiles to fill it in to not be using objects in all the room because the lag sonic goes behind the border of the stage sometimes like the ceiling of an underground path, and is kinda ugly like that, but the lag isn't there anymore, only i have those problems at the moment, so anyone knows how to fix those problems without deleting the objdeactivate in the room?

Crap didn't see this coming...I'll try to find a way to fix that.

i have two new problems, one the ObjDeactivate deactivates the background drawing object and the paralax one

You can always reactivate these objects after deactivate de rest.

And what you mean with "scenary objects"?? Tiles??

Anyway, make sure the objdeactivate doesn't modify sonic's depth.

You can always reactivate these objects after deactivate de rest.

And what you mean with "scenary objects"?? Tiles??

Anyway, make sure the objdeactivate doesn't modify sonic's depth.

the "scenary objects" that im saying is some of the objlvl-blocks, i use some to do the border and ceiling, then in between those objects i fill with tiles, but when i put the obj blocks and the objdeactivate sonic goes behind those objects and if you hit the ceiling or a wall you can see how sonic gets behind this object but not the tiles i take a screen of what im saying:

problem with sonic going behind the objlvl-block and no paralax or bg draw object:

rws5e1.jpg

second problem:

5dtf6o.jpg

if is the sonic's depth or the objects depth, tell me how to fix it because i tried everything but nothing seems to fix that, the speed is now fixed but now i have this strange problems, i can fix those problems easly if i put inside to 1 in the instance_activate and the instance_deactivate aswell but i have again the same lag problem :/

Well, a few things.

Due to new player size you need to fix the distance of the collision sensors to avoid sonic to put his head inside walls xD

And it seems that the tile layer have too much depth. Change it to a big negative value.

And...erm....you can also make the object that draws the background follow sonic, so it wont be int the deactivate region -.-

You can send me the editable file and i'll fix this things, this is the easiest way

PD Awesome, that human sonic style, really

Well, a few things.

Due to new player size you need to fix the distance of the collision sensors to avoid sonic to put his head inside walls xD

And it seems that the tile layer have too much depth. Change it to a big negative value.

And...erm....you can also make the object that draws the background follow sonic, so it wont be int the deactivate region -.-

You can send me the editable file and i'll fix this things, this is the easiest way

PD Awesome, that human sonic style, really

okay i will send you the link there, also there are some things that im still working on so if you see anything unusual is because im still working on those things XDD i send to you the gmk file in a pm

• 2 years later...
the "scenary objects" that im saying is some of the objlvl-blocks, i use some to do the border and ceiling, then in between those objects i fill with tiles, but when i put the obj blocks and the objdeactivate sonic goes behind those objects and if you hit the ceiling or a wall you can see how sonic gets behind this object but not the tiles i take a screen of what im saying:

problem with sonic going behind the objlvl-block and no paralax or bg draw object:

[qimg]http://i30.tinypic.com/rws5e1.jpg[/qimg]

second problem:

[qimg]http://i31.tinypic.com/5dtf6o.jpg[/qimg]

if is the sonic's depth or the objects depth, tell me how to fix it because i tried everything but nothing seems to fix that, the speed is now fixed but now i have this strange problems, i can fix those problems easly if i put inside to 1 in the instance_activate and the instance_deactivate aswell but i have again the same lag problem :/

it look's good!