A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Time Twisted Information Station (New Video) June 6

OverbounD

Okay, now that wheel is pretty awesome. I don't dig the little yellow plate on the head though. I know the others all seem to have it, but it still looks out of place imo. Then again I'm not fond of that yellow plating on the other two badniks from SCD as well.

I just put it on its head just to give it some variety on its color scheme, and as an attempt to make it stand out more just like the other badniks. It's just that they seem there's missing something on them once they get their "yellow plates" removed.

scd.png

But you saved me the trouble of going back and fixing up my shading haha. I was actually gonna redo it sometime next week. Guess I don't need to now :P

Heh, okay.

agreed on that but blue and yellow contrast each other more than yellow and orange I think that's why it looks a little better.

Anyway moving right along I've created a mock of what I've got so far in this zone the mockup is rather crouded because I used the same objects a couple of different places to see which was best. I'm trying to limit myself to about 4 basic colors blue, green, tan/brown, and some sort of pink which may need to be changed. Anyway at this point I'm very open to more advice and if you want to draw something for the level that would be sweet too. I really could use some technology stuff for the future.

WaterLevelMoc2.PNG

One thing that's kinda neat is Lark has already made the song that goes with this check it out here.

agreed on that but blue and yellow contrast each other more than yellow and orange I think that's why it looks a little better.

Anyway moving right along I've created a mock of what I've got so far in this zone the mockup is rather crouded because I used the same objects a couple of different places to see which was best. I'm trying to limit myself to about 4 basic colors blue, green, tan/brown, and some sort of pink which may need to be changed. Anyway at this point I'm very open to more advice and if you want to draw something for the level that would be sweet too. I really could use some technology stuff for the future.

[qimg]http://www.timetwisted.sonicstrike.net/WaterLevelMoc2.PNG[/qimg]

One thing that's kinda neat is Lark has already made the song that goes with this check it out here.

Nice Overbound, I'll see if i can think up something for your zone thingy.

Cool guys thanks. I haven't made too much progress but I thought I'd show it off anyway.

waterlevelmoc3.PNG

So right now I need some tubes or something I'm trying to think of a way to make them Sonicish yet original (maybe a checkerboard pattern on the tubes). I also need some other random technology stuff and some more plants coral maybe. I'm slowly working on all of this but if someones got an idea please share it.

Cool guys thanks. I haven't made too much progress but I thought I'd show it off anyway.

[qimg]http://www.timetwisted.sonicstrike.net/waterlevelmoc3.PNG[/qimg]

So right now I need some tubes or something I'm trying to think of a way to make them Sonicish yet original (maybe a checkerboard pattern on the tubes). I also need some other random technology stuff and some more plants coral maybe. I'm slowly working on all of this but if someones got an idea please share it.

But that's what I can progress ;)

I like where you are going with it, but I think the colors for the pattern may need to be refined a bit to keep the blocks from blending together. Perhaps you should make the wavy lines contrast a little less and make them a little thicker in alternating blocks. Also, the blocks seem to stand out a little too much against the actual wall texture, perhaps you could use some red coral to soften the transition.

I tried my hand at tweaking some of the colors. It's not perfectly fit into your palette anymore, but it has an example of some things you can do with the textures.

LINK

I'm not sure what you are shooting for, but these are just some of the ideas I had.

EDIT: whoops, it appears to be a tad big for posts... I'll post a link instead.

WaterLevelMoc2.PNG

I liked what you did with right under the platform I changed it to match I also love that blue wavy piece. The tubes I was thinking should be a little bigger I got this tube from Tidal Tempest and gave it a checkerboard pattern I'm not sure its that great but what do you guys think.

I Know double ended dildo right?? Right?? I didn't make it :P

It needs to feel integrated into the level, not stick out. Perhaps you should put a few bands around it that shade in such a way that make it look clamped to the end of the level. It also doesn't exactly match with the colors or design of the level. Maybe you can make something that is about the same size as this but feels more consistent with your other pipes in color and shape.

The plant thing would probably look best on the surface of gaps in the level design. Or maybe you could make the bottom half more square so it appears to be embedded into it. Like the other one before, it needs to look like its part of the level's geography, not slapped on in photoshop. (even though it technically was, due to the nature of mockups! :asmile: )

Also, you may want to only use one row of blocks or shrink the ones you have. It looks strange when the floor surface is so large... levels like Emerald Hill don't even use half as much space for the floor.

It appears you're going for orange and blue for core colors, and red and green for ornaments.. with mechanical parts pushing the blue and the natural parts pushing the orange. Maybe you can put some seaweed onto the edges of some of your blocks.

Red would fit the color of coral, but outside of what I posted earlier, I've not got a lot of ideas to work it into the level. You could try "staining" some of the level blocks, but I'm afraid to try it because it sounds like a cheap photoshop effect. Another idea is just to draw a coral net (I know coral doesn't really look like that, but we're going for abstract applications here) to use in the foreground, which may look good overlaying some of he blocks, and maybe even in some areas where the player would go behind it.

...and because I need to visualize an idea when I think I've got a good one, I've attached a file to show an example of what I'm talking about.

post-972-138639763598_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

First Zenor I can't believe I never said anything about that coral number 3 is in the game period that's just all kind of greatness.

Anyway I've been working on this again trying something new it still needs some work like a few decorative triangles and not just the plain ones but what do you guys think of this?

watermock.png