A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I just realised I've been here nearly 9 years. :|

Andrew

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First joined SFGHQ around late 2002. (First visited the site around 1999 or 2000.) I wasn't the brightest person here, so I didn't last long.

Returned around late 2003 but lost interest in Sonic (in general) around mid-2004 and left. (I completely abandoned ETCF without knowing it. God I'm terrible :()

Anddd, I finally returned during last year's SAGE.

(I also had a different name back then, I wonder if anyone but the ETCF team know who I was.)

I think I joined a month or two before Nitemare. So let's just consider it September 02. After the forum attack (no idea when it was), I was on the temporary ezboard one for some time and then just stopped coming. Then I remembered this place, came on some non-ezboard forum before this one, didn't stay for more than 3 days, no idea why, I think there were some members that were bugging me a lot and I just didn't want to argue, and then I came here after finishing high school last year. I have no idea why I came back, considering I don't do anything other than raise my own post count and have over 100 notifications in my PM box because of deleted posts...

If I'm not mistaken, I joined either just after or just before the release of Sonic Adventure 2 or something. So I've been here for a solid eight years. And in all that time I haven't released a damned thing. Closest I came was trying to finish up the engine for Sonic Liola, but then I came across some issues with the engine and level design and quickly gave up on the fan gaming scene. :P

I have an account from 05 there... but I was here for longer... I think I signed up there after the hacking...

But I was on before as Shadow Sonic Beta... So that was at least 2001-2002ish... Seeing that I have a game demo of like, my 3rd fangame attempt still listed on this site for January of 2003, but was lurking for a year or two, and actively posting on the forums before then... A lot more I guess...

Ugh... I did have a lot of nothing to say when I was younger...

I have an account from 05 there... but I was here for longer... I think I signed up there after the hacking...

But I was on before as Shadow Sonic Beta... So that was at least 2001-2002ish... Seeing that I have a game demo of like, my 3rd fangame attempt still listed on this site for January of 2003, but was lurking for a year or two, and actively posting on the forums before then... A lot more I guess...

Ugh... I did have a lot of nothing to say when I was younger...

whoah whoah whoah whoah. You're Shadow Sonic Beta, you made that Velocity demo?!?! You're my hero.

Been around here since 2002 I think, though I don't remember much from that era. I remember there being a Metal Gear Solid Sonic game that boasted totally fake graphics, the Wetflame era, the Pachuka incident... and various games I started with people and never finished (*cough*unframed legacy*cough*).

Golly, time flies.

First started checking out the main site in late 2000 or early 2001. Joined the forums in early 2002, roughly, and tended to be a really useless member. I remember that I tried really hard to be cool but failed. And I asked for engines too much. I can now understand why people seemed annoyed by me... probably didn't help that when I first joined I was the ripe old age of... 9. Yikes. (Admittedly, I guess I did pretty good for being 9, though that's not saying much)

..and now I still sorta lurk here. I sure don't post often, and I don't really do fangames (but I'm using what I learned trying to make fangames to create some original content), and I barely even watch what's currently being made.