A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Sonic Knockout: DEMO 5

Vexus

i see your patch removed the jab infinites from the characters, very nice. A few more changes you can look into:

sonic's ground bounce infinite still exists (corner launch > jump > K>K > jump K>K > jump >repeat)

Rouge is another one with a pretty devastating attack -- her ground pound probably needs to either be given much higher recovery frames, or have the wall bounce property removed from it. It can be spammed to the point where she's pretty much impossible to approach without getting blown away.

If i happen to play and find anymore, i'll let you know.

This just proves i play wayyy too many fighting games.

@Strife:

Thanks for the praise, and the emblem ideas are cool too. Some of them would be difficult to program, but some others are definitely good trophies to add.

@Serephim:

Thanks for making note of these. I've been aware of Sonic's infamous combo for a while, but the Rouge one is new to me, so I'll check that out.

I do know that if your timing is perfect, Rouge and Omega still have jab links they aren't meant to have. That's a glitch though, and I've taken care of them for the next build.

RedRapper had some things to say about your demo in this topic here:

http://soniceatsrings.com/index.php/topic,7083.msg124073.html#msg124073

The guy's pretty zealous about his fighter games though, so take these remarks as you will. I don't expect you to go and change the entire art style of this game over the opinion of someone who practically breathes Streetfighter, but I figured I'd let you know regardless. =P

Thanks for letting me know about that, it's always cool to get the opinions of people who actually play fighting games. Makes me want to chat to the guy.

Anyway, I'll be continuing to work on SSK, if only very slowly. Here are the main features I'm gonna add to the next version:

• More Story Mode stages and missions;
  • Volcan as a playable character;
  • Native gamepad support;
  • More bug fixes;

RedRapper had some things to say about your demo in this topic here:

http://soniceatsrings.com/index.php/topic,7083.msg124073.html#msg124073

The guy's pretty zealous about his fighter games though, so take these remarks as you will. I don't expect you to go and change the entire art style of this game over the opinion of someone who practically breathes Streetfighter, but I figured I'd let you know regardless. =P

Now now, I'm not like a FG Suicide bomber here =p

and to be honest, I didn't really mean for him to change the whole art direction of the game around. I was just saying he had some neat ideas and I think they would do with a bit of tweaking here and there.

I think your sprites are too small though. If you could find a way to enlarge the player character and not pixelate it(which I guess would mean recoloring or redrawing the sprites), I think it could be a really strong game.

Just my $.02

• 1 year later...

Someone bumped this topic? Okay I'll bite.

The project is not dead, but making headway has been incredibly slow for 2 major reasons, one being university and another being a new job at a proper game studio... things have been busy and exciting.

Anyway, plans for the next release are focusing on 2 major things: 4-player support with gamepad support, and sorting out more single player content. Don't expect tangible progress for a long time though, SSK is always on my mind but low on my priorities.

• Like 1