A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Sonic Knockout: DEMO 5

Vexus

• 1 month later...

I've started uni this week and work has been piling up already. However, I did use the last of my vacation to finish off some artwork. Here are some character art previews for the remaining 4 fighters of Demo 5:

newcharacterspromo.png

Progress will be even slower, and looking at a release this year is rather dim. Still, I'll work on it if I have some spare time.

I've started uni this week and work has been piling up already. However, I did use the last of my vacation to finish off some artwork. Here are some character art previews for the remaining 4 fighters of Demo 5:

Progress will be even slower, and looking at a release this year is rather dim. Still, I'll work on it if I have some spare time.

E-123 Omega, Chaos, Cream, and a new face? :squestion:

• 1 month later...

2 months later and all I've managed to do is get some work done on the remaining characters. Omega is nearly finished and Chaos and Cream are well in the works. As always during school periods, work will continue at this snail's pace until mid December.

I've also updated the Website with new screenshots, featuring Sky Canyon and Starlight City.

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year everybody! Once again, it's been too long since I updated here. Time to remedy that and hopefully get some kind of response along the way XD.

...And the blog post about it.

The trailer features gameplay from 2 characters and also bunch of other stuff like the new Emblem Gallery. Only one character featured is new. The other character though is now actually complete (it had several missing moves). Its also far easier to make videos now, so they might actually become a more regular thing.

The red guy is named Volcan, a fan-character that I created to fill one of the villain roles in the Story campaign. I couldn't think of an existing character to fill the role, hence I made one.

He is still a work in progress, but will feature in Demo 5.

• 2 weeks later...

If you noticed that the blog site was down for no reason over the last 3 days, it's now back on its feet. If you didn't... no loss for you. I am planning on moving servers and giving the site a new domain though, given the recent instability of the current one.

PS: Progress on the game itself has slowed again, due to the website and practicing my drawing skills.

• 2 weeks later...

@SonicFan2010: You can never stop practicing drawing.

As you may know, the server I have originally been with has started showing its cracks to everyone and not just myself. I have now moved servers to x10hosting.com. Please be sure to change your bookmarks and your RSS subscriptions (if you have them).

• 2 weeks later...

So I got myself a Facebook account to keep up with things at university, but I'm not shy to expanding my audiences as well.

As a result, you can catch SSK on Facebook as part of a plan to boost publicity. Be sure to spread the word, and I'll surely be motivated to complete this game even faster. Its still early days, but the page will be as updated as the blog-site. Click the button to check it out!

bar_facebook.png

PS: I'm still working on Chaos, Volcan, and the rest of Demo 5's Story Mode. The main problem is getting graphics together so the characters have enough decent moves and... the story to follow is as awesome as I imagine it.

• 1 month later...

I'm starting a weekly update for the blogsite every Sunday to keep people interested and help keep myself in line. I know its Monday now, but the post was made last night (barely). This update, you get to see previews of new character throws I've been working on and tweaking. Throwing is also now done by holding ATK1 instead of ATK2.

Progress01.png

I've also planned ahead, so there will be more Sunday Specials to come. Full story on the blogsite.

Last week mostly consisted of tweaking characters, reworking fonts, and changing current gameplay to be more fluent, flexible, and cooler looking (also, a whole ton of bug-fixing). My personal highlight (That can justify a new screenshot) is that Knuckles' can explode things with his fists.

Progress02.png

In other news, STi member AeroGP is now part of SSK proper as a programmer. Long story short, he is going to be optimizing the code and adding new things that I couldn't. However, most of his reprogrammed efforts won't be visible for Demo 5 because of time management.

Here is the full blog post, and be sure to comment on any character tweaks you would like to see for Demo 5.

This week's update will focus on the graphical side of things. The main points of progress is that I've changed most of the fonts in the game so they look better against the large font, the Hud and Interface have changed slightly and characters now have more/better animations and effects, especially while in the air. The Emblem Gallery is also 100% completed.

Progress03a.pngProgress03b.png

Link to the full blog post.

I also have a question. In fighting games, if two characters collide with each other they don't pass each other. Do you think our fighters should be able to do the same, or should they just pass each other freely as they run?