A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog Music Influenced in Hip-Hop!

Icecreamkid

I was skimming through local hip-hop acts in my city and I found this guy who goes to my school who did a freestyle with another rapper on this beat sampling the boss theme from Sonic the Hedgehog on SEGA Genesis. Its pretty dope and funny at the same time in terms of what they're talking about. Check it out! Its called "The One Freestyle feat. Dak"

www.myspace.com/chrizzymusic

The topics Chris mainly talks about is women, life, growing up, poverty, coming up in the world, etc."
was introduced to music at a early age listening to old school hip-hop and R&B acts in the 90s. Acts like Notorious B.I.G., 2pac,
Sounds Like : Dope music.

So cliche it hurts... But yeah, this isn't that amazing since he's just a regular kid. If it were some big label rapper doing this, I'd be a little more wowed.

Guest Shadix
I was skimming through local hip-hop acts in my city and I found this guy who goes to my school who did a freestyle with another rapper on this beat sampling the boss theme from Sonic the Hedgehog on SEGA Genesis. Its pretty dope and funny at the same time in terms of what they're talking about. Check it out! Its called "The One Freestyle feat. Dak"

www.myspace.com/chrizzymusic

I read this topic as Yo, Charles Hamilton, Yo Charles Hamilton, Yo Charles Hamilton

Of all the possible topics for a rap song, none annoys me more than rapping about the topic of being a rapper.

Yeah it is pretty all bad. At least it was a freestyle though. I think if it was written it would be sooo bad.

And Charles Hamilton is good but I think he didnt execute the whole Sonic thing as good as other rappers could of. Charles Hamilton did make a movement though.

I read this topic as Yo, Charles Hamilton, Yo Charles Hamilton, Yo Charles Hamilton

LOL, you too? Man, I thought for sure I was going to be the first. :D

And yes Rael, it's true, there's too much bad rap out there [passing for modern pop music]. There's a distinct lack of originality in both tunes and lyrics. Eventually, you get annoyed by the stuff because 1) a great deal of the song is nonsense slang and 2) the vocals have their annoying moments -- for example, my favorite is the part where the rapper ends his sentence with an elongated question mark. I swear it's almost like this stuff promotes stupidity.

I haven't seen rap improve any ever since the '90s. It's only ever become worse. It went from a rapid succession of wild and cleverly-chosen words to "Ayy, I'm a gangster, dawg! I'm chillin' on my dubs! Splibbity sploobity skee-bop-a-dizzle WHAAT??"

...Well, at least the pop of this era is looking to finally be replaced by a new genre; I've noticed that it's showing up more on pop stations. Can't exactly pinpoint what it is, but it's like metal meets pop, only the vocals sound a touch more distressed. At least it's not using any slang.

To summarize, rap music nowadays has allowed me to adapt to disliking it.

Back in the 90's, a lot of rap had meaning to it, and actual thought out lyrics. I liked it. Every song now, however, is just "Smack dat hoe bitch muddafucka muddafucka im poor waaaaah cocaine", and I can't stand even hearing it on the radio anymore.

Compton and long beach, muthafuckaz.

He's no Dre...

If anything, half the tracks off The Chronic remind me of Sonic more than this.

It would sound a lot better if they sampled it from an actual megadrive into an MPC60, detuned it a bit and whacked some PHAT ASS beats behind it. Then maybe I'd listen to it with more vigour.