A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Let's have an E3 thread

I don't follow you.

I meant desparation as in recycling the same idea to shut up the hardcore Wii gamers. Like you guys said, every generation had one big different Mario game. Mario64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy.

I haven't played Galaxy, but according to most posts on the Internet, he's using the same ideas, and '10% old levels'? Why even consider having old levels? Isn't that the point of making a new game? New content? I don't know, this all sounds like they're desperate. The Wii faired poorly IMO as far as the conferences go. When you look at it, two Mario games at the same time seem kinda... unnecessary.

Of course, this is just my take on things. Maybe they really wanted to make another Galaxy game, or maybe they're running out of ideas, who knows.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2009/castlevania/

So Konami took the Castlevania franchise from IGA and gave it to Kojima to direct while Mercury Steam does the grunt work. Plus Patrick Stewart.

Konami conference included the 2 MGS games and some DDR bullshit for next gen systems. Also Kojima stealthy trolled MG Raiden.

Of course, this is just my take on things. Maybe they really wanted to make another Galaxy game, or maybe they're running out of ideas, who knows.

I don't think that people see how downhill Mario is going, really. When I first played Galaxy, I couldn't believe the sloppy controls and the slippery feeling of it. As we know, Sunshine was no prize either. And then we've got the billions of sports and Party games... Mario's basically done the same thing as Sonic when you think of it. Long line of crappy 3D games and spinoffs.

*stands in the corner.* Pffft...

rofl i see new super mario bros for the wii being decent at best, i thought super mario sunshine was extremely boring and derailed a lot of what they had going on. And personally I thought new super mario bros was extremely boring.

Mario galaxy though, i just can't see what you're smoking here, the controls were not at all sloppy, the only slippery feeling i can think of was the ice levels. I never died once to the game being an idiot and glitching me or anything like that, it was me being an idiot and jumping at the wrong time or something along those lines.

EDIT: also Ila, I'm honestly hoping for a more tech feel to the FF14, more along the lines of FF7, 8, and some parts of 10. They've already done the whole super fantasy mmo, they might as well shift focus a little ;_; but this is just me being super hopeful.

Also! Purchased ff7 last night ^_^ too bad hacked psp's can't play it yet due to it requiring 5.50 firmware, oh well i can play it on the ps3 at least. Another neat feature, you can pretty much transfer your save back and forth between the ps3 and psp so you can pretty much always be ploaying the game if you were that hardcore.

Konami conference, guess what Lords of Shadow is... Yes, it's a Castlevania game.

Konami, you idiots.

An epic new 3D Castlevania, and the protaganist is NOT a Belmont (I can let other non-Belmont protaganists slide, but this guy isn't that cool)? And a more generic art style (why is Koji Igarashi not working on this game)? Come on, this is fucking lame. If the antagonist is NOT Dracula, I am going to rage. I don't give a damn if Kojima is working on it, there is no excuse. Judgement was better-looking than this. If they've canceled the SOTN sequel, I will rage even more.

On the point of Galaxy 2... Galaxy was awesome, I don't mind more of the same (and I hear it's gonna be harder this time around). At least it's better the new Castlevania.

Fuck y'all. Sunshine had some rad level design.

I'll defend Galaxy 2 as well. Splatter Matter and Dark Matter showed that there were tons of room for crazy level design and gameplay ideas. So much untapped potential there. Besides, no one complained when they made Mario 3 or World.

Dammit, you're not my friends anymore. You're all dead to me.

Fuck y'all. Sunshine had some rad level design.

I'll defend Galaxy 2 as well. Splatter Matter and Dark Matter showed that there were tons of room for crazy level design and gameplay ideas. So much untapped potential there. Besides, no one complained when they made Mario 3 or World.

Dammit, you're not my friends anymore. You're all dead to me.

SMB3 wasn't anything like SMB1. Plenty of people however complained about SMB2/Lost Levels (not the US 2)... which was in fact more of the same with a few minor additions.

SMW was also significantly different from 3 even if the change wasn't as much of a leap as 1 to 3 was.

I'm actually quite pleased that there's going to be a new Mario Galaxy. The first installment still has a lot of playability in it, but I have positive hopes for the sequel. We're finally getting Yoshi -- a character that people were surprised wasn't in the first game, aside from having a cameo appearance as a hidden planet. I also like the new power drill; I'd like to see how the level designers further incorporate that object into the levels. Overall, it should be just as fun as the first.

But the game I'm really excited for is Golden Sun DS! Golden Sun is one of my favorite RPGs, both the first one and The Lost Age. I absolutely loved the first two GBA installments, so when I heard that a third one was being released for the DS, I was ecstatic! :D

I'm not even going to argue with you on that, DW, because we've had, like, 10 page arugments about Smash Bros and Super Paper Mario. I accept your views, but you're off of my Christmas card mailing list.

Also, FUZZY PHOTO OF THE ZELDA ART. ZOHMG

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/user/1/18508-134738-1jpg-620x.jpg

Also, Koopalings confirmed for New Mario Wii. Ludwig Von Koopa was here, Bowser Jr. is a loser.

Also, Koopalings confirmed for New Mario Wii. Ludwig Von Koopa was here, Bowser Jr. is a loser.

oddly enough...this actually raises my interest more in this game now. Is anyone with me in hating Bowser jr? What a cop out character, where the eff are my koopalings!

I'm not even going to argue with you on that, DW, because we've had, like, 10 page arugments about Smash Bros and Super Paper Mario. I accept your views, but you're off of my Christmas card mailing list.

More like because you know there isn't any arguing against SMB3 being a bigger leap from SMB1 than exists between any other Mario game aside from SMW to 64.

Mario's basically done the same thing as Sonic when you think of it. Long line of crappy 3D games and spinoffs.

I think people are more pissed because of Sonic because he was on the Mega Drive, which was all 'hardcore' and 'NintenDON'T', while Mario was on the NES and SNES which pretty much had very family friendly approach from the start.

Also, FUZZY PHOTO OF THE ZELDA ART. ZOHMG

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/user/...-1jpg-620x.jpg

I still find this ridiculous.

but you haven't played Galaxy 2 yet! :V

Yes, but just watching the video makes a number of things inherently obvious. Namely, the central gimmick, level design philosophy (and don't get me wrong, SMG was awesome and this will be too), art style, setting, and music direction.

It's all the stuff of a great game, it's just that I would have rather seen something totally different. I'll just have to make due with Mario having a DRILL WHICH CAN PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

oddly enough...this actually raises my interest more in this game now. Is anyone with me in hating Bowser jr? What a cop out character, where the eff are my koopalings!

bowser jr is the second worst character in the mario world. the worst being Waluigi. I hate them both. but what's even the point of bowser jr, you allready had the koopa kids