A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Graduates?

Epon

Just finished my Computer Engineering degree and just deferred my grad school acceptance till Spring...

No way in hell can I pay for grad yet... Who knows, maybe I'll decide not to go...

Been hanging out and partying all week...

Sure, I'm waiting for one more grade, but I'm not worried about it...

I graduated from high school last year, this year I have this feeling I'm going to pass through my traditional animation course with flying colors (how do I know this? I've got a spot reserved there next year for 3D Animation and Game Design haha).

Then after that I'll be done college and I'll be off to do whatever.

I graduated from Westwood College in January. You all saw my graduation picture, didn't you?

Anyways, still looking for a job or an internship. I filled out a forbearance, so luckily I won't have to worry about loans for a year. Still, it sucks to not have any money...

I hate everyone who's graduating, haha. I'm still a junior. I'm a year older than my grade... people younger than me will be out of high school in a few weeks.

My last day of regular school for the year is the 15th of June, but then over the next couple weeks I'll have to take some state exams before I'm really done.

I'm graduating from high school in a few weeks; getting a few awards on top of that.

A month after that, I'm headed off to college -- going into game design. :)

Game Art Design or Game Programming?

because i can't actually relate, i'm just gonna tell you what i'm doing.

bachelor in interactive entertainment with a games programming major and im on break for 3 weeks at the moment. covered c++ basics, done some modelling, some communication design (mostly essays) and some basic design.

next trimester looks to be awesome though: two game programming classes! woo. as far as i know we're gonna be studying xna as well as using a 360 devkit. i have no idea about other consoles though.

edit: by next year as well, i'll probably have something to show for sage. not this year though, i have no fucking idea what i'm doing.

and for once i'm looking forward to learning some maths. scary shit.

I graduate HS on June 25th or something like that, though classes end a lot earlier. Glad to finally be out of this hellhole!

After that, I'll be going to school at the Savannah College of Art and Design. I think someone here goes there. =o

I graduate HS on June 25th or something like that, though classes end a lot earlier. Glad to finally be out of this hellhole!

After that, I'll be going to school at the Savannah College of Art and Design. I think someone here goes there. =o

Yeah, I think Scatta does. I'd like to go there to learn artistic stuff, but I'm not good enough to be starving artist...

Game Art Design or Game Programming?

Both art design and programming. I took a tour of the college almost a year ago, and from what I'd seen, the college gets the students to experience the full spectrum. I'm already a good artist, so I should have no problem with the art portion. I also get to deal with a 3D-rendering program and the C# language.

Yo, high school graduates.

Take it from me...GET A DEGREE IN SOMETHING USEFUL.

Gaming design is not going to get you far.

Just like a political science degree.

Get an engineering degree or computer science degree or something.

word

Yo, high school graduates.

Take it from me...GET A DEGREE IN SOMETHING USEFUL.

Gaming design is not going to get you far.

Just like a political science degree.

Get an engineering degree or computer science degree or something.

Luckily then that I'm going more the animation route with mine I guess. Game Design just happens to be a part of the 3D Animation course. Chances are I'll be one of those guys who helps makes CG cutscenes, but hey...if I had to start off plastering faces of people onto models for a bit I guess I'd tough it out lol.