A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Bayonetta

Aerosol

It looks like a Devil May Cry and Hellsing (anime) ripoff (don't get me even started on that demonic dog thingy she has). The protagonist looks irritating, and I never could and never will be able to play a game with a character I can't sympathize with at least a bit... (This is actually the reason I didn't finish DMC3, Dante being irritating as Hell in that one. DMC4 was another story.)

Something about the camp value of this actually gets me mildly entertained. She was shooting guns with her feet! I think she was even wearing shoes. And Lupe? Oh my, as if that name isn't an obvious pun if there ever was one.

The game's logo even replaces the o in Bayonetta with the ♀ symbol... as if to say "We are a ripoff and proud of it to the point where we'll basically use our competitor's logo and lampshade the fact that we replaced the main character with a chick." I don't think it gets much more bad good than this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Shadix

You know, for being a randomly brought in developer, everything Platinum seems to be producing in this little deal with SEGA has that Hardware-era SEGA personality to it way more than anything SEGA itself as produced in the past 5 years. It's as if these guys always worked for SEGA.