A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mutlitheft Auto

Aaron C-T

So after downloading the free GTA2 I went on ahead and got GTA:VC. It's cheap now anyway. And I'm kinda wondering if any of you have the game and MTA. Or if any of you have GTA:III/SA with MTA. It'd be fun to play against some of you. And I remember someone posting about this on the other forum.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shadix

Although slightly unrelated, I played GTA for the first time this last weekend (GTA3... yeah, a tad outdated) and I felt kinda dirty when I left the game. There is something disturbingly entertaining about running people over and trying to beat the cops. It's also interesting how my heart would start racing whenever I would see a cop IRL after playing it. Kinda screws with your mind a bit.

I have no money either. ... Righto. And I tried Flyff and got bored. It was too repetitive for me. I actually still have it on my comp though.

SG: Meh.. San Andreas didn't really interest me. I've played it a few times. Maybe 3 times. But I had much more fun with GTAIII, and loads more than that with GTAVC.

Although slightly unrelated, I played GTA for the first time this last weekend (GTA3... yeah, a tad outdated) and I felt kinda dirty when I left the game. There is something disturbingly entertaining about running people over and trying to beat the cops. It's also interesting how my heart would start racing whenever I would see a cop IRL after playing it. Kinda screws with your mind a bit.

Its not disturbingly Entertaining, its Goddammed fun as hell. The way i look at it, its just a videogame.

My parents used to hate me playing the game, but my dad let off me because he played it once and had more fun then i did. (wow.)

And i would enjoy FlyFF alot, if the servers diddnt lag so damn much. Im glad the GMs pay enough attention to get another server, but JESUS.

(im a lvl 21 mage btw. Doubtful at this rate ill ever get past lvl 30.)

[Off Topicness]Tendril what level are ya? maybe we can play sometime. [/Off topicness]

xD @ the dad thing. Reminds me of a time when a friend of Koray and I, got grounded, and his punishment was to not play PS2, so his dad took the damned thing over for like 2 weeks straight. Dude was pissed.

The way I see it, it's no different than seeing a movie where cops get shot, only you get to shoot them. Either way you stand up, it's over, no one's actually bleeding, and you're not being anally raped in jail by some guy named Bubba Sparxxx.... eh.. wait...

I know what you mean Shadix. The first time I played GTA I felt like a jerk for liking it, but know I love the stuff.

Scatta, I would love to do that, but I don't have any money and probably won't for quite a while. I have been playing this game for a while now though.

Terrible, terrible game.

SG: Meh.. San Andreas didn't really interest me. I've played it a few times. Maybe 3 times. But I had much more fun with GTAIII, and loads more than that with GTAVC.

You're talking about the MTA part of the game right? Cause I've beaten SA and I love it to death.

SG: Nah, I'm talking about the main game. It could very well be that I just didn't play it enough, but the environment just seemed kind of.. boring.

Azu: Meh I'll stick to VC for now, until the MTA comes out with deathmatch included. Then I may switch. May. xD

SG: Nah, I'm talking about the main game. It could very well be that I just didn't play it enough, but the environment just seemed kind of.. boring.

Azu: Meh I'll stick to VC for now, until the MTA comes out with deathmatch included. Then I may switch. May. xD

Try the SA-MP one then=XD.

flyff is pretty cool. I gotta find out my password, though. I really wanna get that hoverboard...anywho, yea, never been a GTA kinda guy. Too overrated, plus I fail to see the fun in some of the stuff it has to offer. I dunno. If they made a sandbox RPG (with good gameplay, mind you. Doesn't have to be online) I'd be a tad more interested...

Meh, the whole "beat up anyone you want" thing just doesn't appeal to me.

The thing that people fail to realize about GTA is that the game is NOT focused around running around and shooting up and killing everyone you can see. The gameplay is Mission based. The game expands MUCH more than it ever will just running around and wasting everybody. Although going on random killing spree's can be really fun, thats not how the game was designed to play.

Oh, and my FlyFF Screenname is Kyian, I play on Lawolf. (I have a lvl 11 guy on Aibatt, ill start leveling him up to me a mercenary later. Being a Magician is just too cool with the oodles of damage from distance thing.)

The FlyFF GMs are really awsome online. In the PVP arena in Saintmorning, the GM Sorien logged on and was talking to the players, abusing his Demigod GM powers to teleport across the place. He started summoning these waves of huge ass boss monsters that all hit for 0 and had like 200 HP. (Which was a helluva laugh for the GM, he made everyone run away for a small while.)

The GMs are awsome up until they decide to just get really, really mean and summon a Clockwork inside one of the main towns.....I love them for doing it, and im glad ive never seen a clockwork before. (Clockwork= HUGE ass machine with like 6 MILLION freaking HP. )

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flyff000517zo.png

Scary.

PG: Sereph is right when he says that GTA isn't just running around and killing people for 5 hrs straight at random. There are tons and tons of missions to complete. I just choose not to do them. Because that's not what I play the game for. I prefer to play GTA2 or MTA:VC with a bunch of people, team up, and shoot the crap out of people. It's fun. It's no different than you going to play Flyff and walking around attacking monsters over and over again. And the reason I quit Flyff is because there didn't seem to be any challenge to it. I equip stuff, I walk over to an enemy and I hold down the LMB. Weee! At least with MTA:VC I'm not just standing there clicking the button for a minute straight. I actually have to run, jump, dodge, and hide behind crap. Depending on who you're playing it can be alot more strategic, or if you don't want to do that you can just run out thinking your superman. Just don't say something when you obviously haven't checked.

"Omb I tot3lly l1ke.. dun see teh point in racing Mario around trax. Ftw?" "Omb I totally don't gets teh point of running around shooiting ppl in a 1stpersonview. wtf?" "Omb I totally don't get leveling up in tar RPGees. .. dun i play a role in any gema?" "Omb I...

You can go on and on and on with that kind of logic. =P

Azu: But.. you said you have to setup the type of game yourself. ..That takes work. More work than clicking "connect." Why? xD

FlyFF is alot more fun when you try to team up to take on challenges, like beating Boss Monsters. (I had a party of like 9 people, we all got owned by a random boss monster once.)

Ill see if i can get GTA to play online, because i completely forgot that PC versions had online play. (If only ps2 had online play....*sniff*)

Thats good that you play on Lawolf, 'cause I wasn't gonna start a new guy to play with you. Anyway my characters name is tentril. I'm unoriginal.

Flyff haters: It is kind of boring, but to me, all online games are boring without people you know to play against.

Cept GTA. You don't really need to know peolpe to play an online game like GTA or Bomberman Online. It's just better because it's easier to get a team going and open up cans of whoopass. And like I said, I tried Flyff, and it was fun. But that's just it. It was fun. Then I realized.. it was no fun when my friend Zach wasn't on. ::shrug::