A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My sprites.

verconsonic

Fairly on topic here;

I can safely say the same thing as Napalm, I couldn't do good at all when I was that age. Though, I did keep trying, and eventually it settled into a small skill.

So just keep at it, and you'll get it good over time. I bid you goodluck. =P

Good job taking it off topic folks, I don't think it really matters too much how old any member is. It may seem unlikely that Vercon is nine, however that doesn't mean you have to challenge it via the generalisation of a specific age group, as long as you give constructive criticism it shouldn't matter whether something was created by a two year old or leonardo da vinci.

I was going to lock this but it seems to have cleared up. Be nice. ;P

• Like 1

And Plese, Regret all the bad things, even the bad words, You said to me,then I will forgive you 100%.

Now I'm guessing that English is your second or if not third language, because that sounds much more arrogant than you may think it does.

wh' 'th ____ happened to this topic?

For a 9 year old, that's good. I remember when I first discovered MSPaint on my old computer when I was 8 or 9 and having a lot of trouble with it. You at least shade your stuff, with is nice, but the characters themselves remind me of the fan art in the Sonic Archie comics.

Really, if you just work on having everything all proportional, fiddle with the colors a bit and stuff, maybe make some of the poses a little less awkward, you'd have some good stuff there.

I say practice DRAWING them on paper, so you know what you want them to look like, then recreate them on your computer.

I say practice DRAWING them on paper, so you know what you want them to look like, then recreate them on your computer.

I ALWAYS do that when making a sprite. Somehow when I draw it on paper first and then sprite it, it comes out exactly how it looks like on the paper. Then again, that means I have to draw it well first or the sprite won't look much better.

Your work really doesn't look bad at all. Keep that up and you'd definately end up doing better than anything I can do. I see you have quite a good hand at shading. Just remember that when shading and lighting, make it according to 1 light source or 1 direction. Also, consider using more shades of lighting ( although not too bright ) and when you think you're ready, try adding 'textures' to them like a furish effect. You already seem to be on the right track.

no prob dude. Oh, and next time, make note of the spell check button. It's that ABC thing on the right above the smilies.

Lol, I was wondering where the spellcheck button was on this forum. =P

wh' 'th ____ happened to this topic?

For a 9 year old, that's good. I remember when I first discovered MSPaint on my old computer when I was 8 or 9 and having a lot of trouble with it. You at least shade your stuff, with is nice, but the characters themselves remind me of the fan art in the Sonic Archie comics.

Really, if you just work on having everything all proportional, fiddle with the colors a bit and stuff, maybe make some of the poses a little less awkward, you'd have some good stuff there.

She's nine years old? That's is impressive for a nine year old.

*GD edits Azu's post to conserve correctness of gender*

For someone your age, the sprites are actually very good. I didn't learn anything about spriting until I was about...eh 15. Only recently did I actually learn about shading and stuff. I still can't sprite, but I can edit stuff decently now.