A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Who are your favorite fan-game authors? (+ about me)

flame6753

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

madventure was excellent.

anyone have jamie's sausage roll minigame? i believe it was a christmas game or something a couple of years ago. i remember it being very fun and addictive.

edit: wait, did i ever release anything, eminence? i don't.. really remember. i remember making a shitload of tutorials though.

hai sk. <3

I don't recall you ever releasing anything, but you're tutorials helped the shit out of me a while back. ;D I also remember you going on a rant on how you dislike all fangames started with the word "Sonic". xD

Interesting. Made you join the forums in 04, or Sonic Fangaming in general?

Well I didn't start using the internets until February of 04, and found Ultimate Flash Sonic in March and that's when I decided I wanted to make a fangame too. Didn't find SFGHQ until a month or two later, and I joined soon after.

Supachao was the first guy I spoke to from here, too.

I don't recall you ever releasing anything, but you're tutorials helped the shit out of me a while back. ;D I also remember you going on a rant on how you dislike all fangames started with the word "Sonic". xD

haha, i remember that rant, oddly enough. i was an angry chap back then. Also it's great to know that my tutorials actually helped people. Makes it seem like not a total waste of time.

TRD ~ Sonic Turbo

Hey TRD, will Turbo 2 see the light someday?

I'm flattered. =P

I dunno man, I've been trying to get back into the groove for awhile now, but due to issues and tight schedules, it's really hard to even open the application again. I do want to finish it though.

Man, looking at Sonic turbo 1 compared to what I can do now, it really is a piece of shit. :X

There were alot of fangame authors that not only got me into fangaming, but also lead me here. My favorite was TGF Team (Bladerunners and Sonic QTE ftw). Infact, I'm pretty sure TGF Team was the person who lead me here, I remember sending him an email saying how much his game rocked, and how I could do something like that. Strangely enough, I got a response and he gave me a link here. To be fair, the fangames on the main site pretty much inspired me, I've played them all.

CLWE, Manic Team and Beamer (Knuckles Millennium) come to mind at first thought, but there's alot more I can't really remember. For tutorials, LarkSS definitely comes to mind, I remember using something of his on the main site before I came here, and during my time here.

And yes, Dami is pretty much a vital part of our community. Rock.

• 4 months later...
There was a demo of a game called Sonic Zero (not the crappy one) on the old site back in 04 that was absolutely amazing. I wish I knew who made it :E There's actually a user here who is remaking it in mmf2.

I do not know if it's the same game you're saying.

but Sonic was I who created Zero

I'm still in the project

There are plenty of great fan-games creators: Taxman, Damizean, Nexus Team, Aytaç...

There's a guy that is not a game creator, but make kickass sprites: ShowOffBoy, this guy deserves a medal for spriting...

But my big time hero is...

:aparty:Jamie Bailey:aparty:

He was and still is my big inspiration here, he has, in my opinion, the most beautiful, polished and kickass finished fan-game ever, and every one knows witch one I'm talking about ;D

I do not know if it's the same game you're saying.

but Sonic was I who created Zero

I'm still in the project

soniczero.png

^ This is the Sonic Zero I was referring to. Did you make it?

edit: Also.. I'm totally cool with this bump because I liked this thread.

There are lots and lots of people here of have influenced me and helped me but the original creators that made me want to create by own games were as follows:

Aytaç defiantly a head of his time especially with his Chaomega demo (is that name right?), Sonikku SRB1, SSNTails SRB2, Jamie Bailey even before Timed Attack the fastest revolution had great graphics and who could top the amount of stages it had oh my god.

I stumbled upon the game maker forums a few years back around 2004. Someone on there made a very basic platforming tutorial with sonic sprites. I dunno who it was. That's how I started sonic fan gaming. As mark overmars started working with yoyo games I started looking for better places to get tutorials and such in GM. I stumbled upon this place and learned of a whole world of people that made sonic games, and infinately better than I can. Any one that I have ever had the chance to play a game they've made inspires me. I liked over bounds time twisted. SAGE is what ultimately fuels my desire to finish Emerald Chaos. It's so much fun coming around to see what ideas everyone else has and see how everyone's progressed over the years that I've been a member here. I'm not the best programmer but it is fun. So I thank everyone here for inspiring me to work on my game. As I watch each of you grow I believe I grow a little aswell. It's the community that I enjoy most.

Damizean:

If there were no Damizean, I would have never taken up the challenge of SFGing, no question. He has planted so many fan-games so that we can finish them and call them our own.

Robert Showalter:

I try to follow his footsteps when it comes to understanding what it means to create a SatAM fan-game. Over a decade and a half ago, before Knuckles and floating island, there was what we now call SatAM. As long as there is SatAM, there will surely be Sonic Epoch.

GodMaster:

I look forward to Brazsonic2 above all else due to his stylized artwork and ideas. This game uses a lot of imagination and creativity all across the board and is a huge source of inspiration.

Cstyler:

Cstyler is an excellent spriter. I hope to learn as much as possible from this guy as he often will post a masterpiece of a pixel art. Shadow the Hedgehog (d) excites me as I get to see more of his work.

Blue Frenzy, Sir Euan and Nitemare:

I had never heard of a fan-game and had no idea what one was until I came across Sonic Frenzy Adventure and Sonic XG on youtube. SFA's use of gimmicks and gameplay is what I shoot for other than S&K. Sir Euan and Nitemare's Sonic XG was so well presented with the visuals, music, and stage concepts that it remains to me one of the most attractive SFGs.

The other two that I'd like to mention, I am not sure if they have games:

Cyber Rat 101:

Cyber just kicks ass.. He has great ideas, thinks outside of the box, and has basic common sense. When Cyber Rat says something, I give it much thought and he much credit for his words.

USC:

USC is always super helpful in the Fan-gaming Assistance topic. I owe much to him after reading those topics as I'm sure a lot of people do. People like USC keep this place very alive.

Cyber Rat 101:

Cyber just kicks ass.. He has great ideas, thinks outside of the box, and has basic common sense. When Cyber Rat says something, I give it much thought and he much credit for his words.

Thanks ;_;

I really should make something when I'm done with my exams...