A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Green Hill Zone Papercraft

Password

hohoho.. them crazy Japanese and their origami : )

ori·ga·mi (noun)

Pronunciation: \ˌȯr-ə-ˈgä-mē\

: the Japanese art or process of folding squares of paper into representational shapes

This model is not made from folding squares of paper, therefore it is not "origami" but "papercraft."

=Smidge=

• Like 1

ori·ga·mi (noun)

: the Japanese art or process of folding squares of paper into representational shapes

This model is not made from folding squares of paper, therefore it is not "origami" but "papercraft."

=Smidge=

I wish I could rep you up.

^I think he means it's not worth repping up?

Anyway... back on topic: Looks nifty, but I never had a thing for papercraft. They remind me of the roots of FPS games, like Wolfenstein 3D and Doom 1 and 2, and I really really really disliked those games...

Also, while we're being the Grammar Nazis that we are, origami and papercraft are hardly the same. I actually like origami compared to this.

ori·ga·mi (noun)

=Smidge=

lol @ Rael and me being a prick. I actually thought it *was* just folded up paper with printed designs, which is why I said origami ; P... ah well, them crazy **** ; P

[sidenote: I am not a racist, just using a WWII quote as a joke : P]

"Japs" is the Japanese equivalent to the N-word, dude. You can't just go around saying things because they USED to be okay.

Japs can be used offensively and inoffensively. Or at least, it could be until the military fucked it up into something more than just a shortening of Japanese during World War II. And they prounced it "Japes" to dehumanize the Japanese. It certainly isn't nearly as screwed up a word a "______". See, I can say Japs without the quotation marks.

It's more like negro.

I mean, Smidge is into origami and papercraft. So you can understand how he would be more informed/passionate about the distinction between the two. The same way any of you would be disgusted if someone called their desktop tower a "CPU" or something along those lines.

Edit: I didn't even realize there was a page 2. Let alone a page 3. I should sleep.