A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Chao World

Three60

Chao World is an RPG based on chao (duh). You are a warrior who must fight against the dark chao... or fight for them. You decide.

I'm also going to build an online part of the game. Currently it only works for two players, but I'm going to have it include at least 4 and hopefully 20+ by release.

cwpic01.jpg

cwpic02.jpg

cwpic03.jpg

cwpic04.jpg

cwpic05.jpg

cwpic06.jpg

cwpic07.jpg

cwpic08.jpg

cwpic09.jpg

Demo release on July 16th.

It probably would have been a better idea to make this topic after you released a demo. There's not a whole lot I can say from the screen shots except that it looks a bit bland. You should probably add a few more background objects so it doesn't look so repetative. Also, I'm not sure about this, but I thought there was already a game that is called chao world if I remember correctly. But anyway, good luck with this.

Your resolution is freaking evil. Your title screen is extremely plain. The level looks boring. Is there actually anything to do in it? Objects, enemies, etc? And could you actually give any info on the game? I know about as much about this game now as I did before I saw this topic.

I've played the demo (obviously since I'm part of the same company) it's a good game, but I think it's a bit early to make a topic (though a demo is being released July 16th). Oh well, it will do well once you release that demo, I suppose, though online play is still being worked on.

PS- his resolution is smaller in the actual game, his window is merely minimized in the screenshots. They are the average 640 by 480 pixels, not full screen.

1. Thank you for the resolution thing.

2. No enemies or objects yet, it's just a portion of the world map that's coming out right now. If I get done with the important parts I'll add in enemies and more stuff.

3. I'll remember a demo for the next time, but from what I've seen of other topics (Sonic Rapid for example) you only need a pic.

4. It's just a name for now. It'll change later, but I had a text-based RPG named Chao World so I just used that.

Oh, and I have a question. Would that resolution also work for the Advance style?

Almost every fangame you play has that resolution. Except for the games with the small screens that take up about 1/9 of your monitor or full screen resolution.

I don't know what fangames you're playing, but they certainly aren't any that you'd find here...aside from the games you and your friend Three60 make =o. The Fated Hour, Emerald Ties: Crossing Fates, Sonic Frenzy Adventure, Sonic XG, etc. All those use 320 x 240...

Heh, I used to make all my games in 640x480 until Rael made me think otherwise.

For one thing, since the version is 0.1.1, I'm not going to make too many critisizing comments just yet. I do have a question though. Did you use DirectPlay to make the online capabilities? If so, you're never going to get past 4 players with good results. For beyond 4 player compatibility, I'd recommend using Moo.

Consider adding a speech bubble for storymode chatting. ( First Pic ) It would make it nicer and easier to read and I believe there's an extension that can do just that.

Another thing is why don't you add more chatbox features? What you have gets the job done, but there's always room for improvement. You could make it so you can choose what color you want the text, what font, and what size too. I'd also recommend making something that'll prevent people from flooding the chatbox by continuously typing 2 letters and pressing enter. It would work by limiting how many times you can chat within a time limit like 2 messages every 5 seconds.

Little curious. If you were to put enemies, did you develop a system so everyone sees the same enemy, or do you all see your own enemies? Because if you ever played Atu'los, you'll know that everyone has their own enemies and I personally don't like it but I understand why it's like that.

That's all I can say for now. When you come around to releasing a demo, I'll try it out.

Okay, I'll change to Moo. Thanks for that, Lark.

And I have a question. The way my levels are designed is how I want them. Could I get away with the 520 x 340?

And what about Zynos Saga for a name? (Yes, I'm still working on the plot).

Eh...it's still kinda big. It's not just for space used on the desktop...it's all that open area of the game that's not in use...sitting there. Especially since your main characters are Chao, which are pretty small, I think the game should be 320x240 as well (unless you introduce a feature that requires the game to be bigger than that).

• 2 weeks later...