A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SEGA comes back to hardware... with a portable media device

Neo Hazard

The game gear killed Sega, and since batteries killed the Game Gear, batteries killed Sega... Wait, what?

OT: Sega is not going back to the hardware business. Sega is not going to make great games again. Sega is too busy being Japan's EA alternative. EA sucks. Logical deduction: Sega sucks too. Littlefoot's mom is dead, Bambi's mom is dead, Earthworm Jim is dead, Sega is dead, life sucks like that. End of story. Go run an emulator and remember how good life was before, because it won't get any better.

earthworm jim is not dead you son of a bitch T_T

Guest Shadix
That time spent playing Triple Trouble against the wall probably cost your parents 20,000 1990's dollars in a time when energy was plentiful.

uhh, there WAS an AC Adapter. (and a car adapter, ^^)

I doubt this would come out to top other handhelds. I don't even like PSP like that but PSP is probably wayyy better that this.

It's not a console though... In fact that little splurt about it having video game functionality may be false as well. ;-;

A little research reveals this a just a Chinese-based PMC that SEGA rebranded and is marketing to the rest of the world. That's probably why there are already models in those ufo catcher machines in london despite the release next year.

Selling IP rights? Well, Interplay *I think* did it. Thats how Bethesda got the rights to Fallout anyway.

If SEGA ever does go out of business completely, they probably will sell their profitable IP. Whom to is certainly a valid question. Most likely the highest bidder. We might be seeing EA Sonic games if that ever happens.... ugh.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=59004

Counter-Article.

Which story is true, only time will tell. (Besides why the hell is this being discussed here? Isn't this thread supposed to be about SEGA's new PMC?)

On-topic: Does anyone know if the capabilities of java have changed recently? I'm trying to judge just how much gaming power we can even reasonably expect out of this thing.

For some reason I suspect it'll probably be on about par with what the current gen iPods can do, but I may be pleasantly surprised.