A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

3rd season of SatAM?

Cstyler

Wow, there's so much better TV on now than there was back then too... And back then, there was STILL Seinfeld, Fresh Prince, Home Improvement, Rocko, Simpsons, etc. Now there's House, Lost, Scrubs, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Entourage, Flight of the Conchords, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, Californication...

I just don't see why they're so hung up over SatAM. It wasn't even that great.

Guest Shadix
If they do pull this off, I wonder if they can get Jaleel White to play Sonic,

"And that's no guud!"

Slingerland met him once. His voice dropped and he can't do the Sonic impression anymore. :(

Yeah, I know Jaleel. He was at a comic book expo in Lincoln and I was sent to interview him for the Daily Nebraskan. Shadix's recollection is correct...he cannot do the voice anymore. He memorably said during an interview, "My balls dropped." Of course, that had to be censored out, but I still have it recorded on tape somewhere in the newspaper's archives.

He also said that doing the voice of Sonic was one of the most enjoyable roles he ever landed.

I looked over the fus forums here's what I find interesting:

Most professionals don't take all this input from amateur fan boys. I've heard them say on more then one occasion that they basically cannot for fear of using a similar idea and getting sued for using it. This is avoided by not looking at any fan created content that way even if they do have a similar idea they claim rightfully claim they have never seen any fan work.

Another thing I find interesting, is this guy said he read some other Sonic forums that were bashing his art work and it made him really mad and he wasn't pitching the idea anymore. Only to change his mind and say he's still pitching the idea. ( I wonder if he read this thread).

The other thing I find funny is that he is taking names suggestions from fans that just seems very wrong.

I think this guy is a pro in the sense that he probably has had a few low level animation jobs. If he were a real cartoon producer he probably would not be trying to pitch an unpopular 13 year old cartoon show. Gargoyles creator Greg Weisman hasn't tried to repitch Gargoyles and it was much more popular then satam. That's just one example but I think a real professional probably wouldn't be taking this task up at all.

I think this guy is a pro in the sense that he probably has had a few low level animation jobs. If he were a real cartoon producer he probably would not be trying to pitch an unpopular 13 year old cartoon show. Gargoyles creator Greg Weisman hasn't tried to repitch Gargoyles and it was much more popular then satam. That's just one example but I think a real professional probably wouldn't be taking this task up at all.

Seconded.

I never actually watched SatAM (guess it's an American childhood thing), so can somebody explain to me why this cartoon is so great?

Guest Shadix
Satam was loosely based off of the comic. Couldn't you tell since Sally and her useless critters were in it?

Like overbound stated, the comic actually derived from SATAM. The reason for the crappy art style is that Archie started their comics off using the art style during the time of the pilot for SATAM. Chronologically Archie was released first, but it was derived off SATAM.

Archie later (jokingly) explained the color changes by stating that she was dyed when she fell in a bucket of something while on a mission against Robotnik.

... oh shit I'm a fan boy... then again maybe making my own Sonic game makes me more of one then that little rant.