A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SA2 Rumbling Highway Guitar Cover

Rael0505

Starting to practice using a metronome, I think this is a little better than my last cover. Please comment/rate.

Repped for being so awesome.

Thats definitely my favorite level track in the Sonic Series aside from Ocean Palace.

Edit: well i would but apparently i cant for some reason

Guest Shadix

Hmm... It's a shame this song isn't really THAT difficult. I'm having trouble feeling enthusiastic about it seeing as I've seen you do more complicated pieces. It sounds clean at least, well as clean as you can get with with that distortion you are using. Also grats on using the metronome, I can see it's really helping you keep the beat now. (Now if only we could figure out what the time changes are in Kraid's Theme) Good job mate.

Sorry I couldn't just ZOMG HEZ PLAYING SONIK MUSIC <3 <3 <3 BABYZ NOW Rael :P.

Repped for being so awesome.

Thats definitely my favorite level track in the Sonic Series aside from Ocean Palace.

Ocean palace is my favourite track too, it's awesome xDDD

Good job Rael! And great choice!

will we see you playing another track? xD

bye!!

Guest Shadix
ITT Shadix sounds high and mighty.

I thought about that... I post some really crazy shit when I'm on at 3am.

This on the otherhand, meh I don't know. I always feel obliged in these topics to be the hard ass critic because if I don't nobody will, and me and Rael are usually hard on each other. To me at least, part of posting your stuff here is to get a balanced critique, and I try to provide that when I can on music-related stuff. I don't think I was being too much harder than some of you guys can be on art\sprite\model critiques.

Guest Shadix
Ahahahaha, I have to point this out to everybody once more for being total bullshit.

*shrugs* I suppose I failed to distinguish between blindly selfteaching yourself and having resources to teach yourself, but it's no matter. I'm done. :3

--

Rael, cover this next. XD

Thanks for the comments guys. I started picking out Ocean Palace by ear, I never realized how awesome it the song is. If I finish learning it I might make a video.

Being selftaught isn't any more difficult than doing things the paid way. :P

I couldn't disagree with you more. I taught myself guitar for the first few months that I picked it up, and then I got a teacher for a short time before I had to move out of state. During that short period of time I had a teacher before moving to New York, I made better progress than I ever did on my own. You can get far teaching yourself, but it's always better to have guidance. After getting my first teacher, I learned that my technique was way off - I wasn't playing using the my fingertips, my picking hand had no leverage, etc. A teacher will catch you on your mistakes and keep you from repeating them. No self-teaching book will do that. I got a new teacher in April, and I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere again. He showed me that my old alternate picking technique was terrible, something I'd never have learned by myself.

If you think that self teaching and learning from a teacher are the same thing, then you must have had some really crappy teachers. I'm trying to improve my timing and technique by practicing slowly with a metronome. I'm proud of this video because my playing is excellent. I'd rather have a near-perfect recording of an easier song than a sloppy recording of a harder song. And is there anything wrong with playing easy songs anyway?

Guest Shadix
Thanks for the comments guys. I started picking out Ocean Palace by ear, I never realized how awesome it the song is. If I finish learning it I might make a video.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I taught myself guitar for the first few months that I picked it up, and then I got a teacher for a short time before I had to move out of state. During that short period of time I had a teacher before moving to New York, I made better progress than I ever did on my own. You can get far teaching yourself, but it's always better to have guidance. After getting my first teacher, I learned that my technique was way off - I wasn't playing using the my fingertips, my picking hand had no leverage, etc. A teacher will catch you on your mistakes and keep you from repeating them. No self-teaching book will do that. I got a new teacher in April, and I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere again. He showed me that my old alternate picking technique was terrible, something I'd never have learned by myself.

If you think that self teaching and learning from a teacher are the same thing, then you must have had some really crappy teachers. I'm trying to improve my timing and technique by practicing slowly with a metronome. I'm proud of this video because my playing is excellent. I'd rather have a near-perfect recording of an easier song than a sloppy recording of a harder song. And is there anything wrong with playing easy songs anyway?

:(

Like I said earlier, I screwed my arguement up when I failed to distinguish between flat out self-teaching and teaching yourself with resources. I'm sorry Rael for being a douchebag.