A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Unleashed

Does it really run at 45-60 fps?

Sometimes it does get to 60fps. And you can tell it because the game becomes criminally smooth. But those instances are sparse.

It normally keeps at around 30fps with the occasional drop, 'cept for Adabat which is slowdown central (on both PS3 and 360 unfortunately, shame because it's really pretty).

Oh, and some HUBs chug terribly, which has to be poor coding because Empire City's is small and empty yet it gives me stuttering... and then I enter the Daytime stage which has a shitload of things going on and it runs good. lolwutpear.jpg

But yeah, the next title needs to be locked at 60fps for both high end versions. As a SOTC fan I can tolerate framedrops and such, but it really adds to the experience for this type of game.

Also good luck if you ever attempt to get those hotdogs in Eggmanland, I can attest they're controller-shattering hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Well played on WII not that bad but not good either

What's with all those instant death in the game? I don't remember dying a lot in cheap death in old good sonic? I'm not that bad, i have finish the game in one day...

The game find way to inovate but it is a big hidden QTE, fail? DIE!

> slow down? die

> accelerate? DIE

> miss the stupid targeting cursor? Die!

> stupid wall jump use 3 times in the game? DIE

The targeting upset me most as it doesnot depend on the game state (like distance or whatever like in SA1) but the actual showing of the cursor (QTEd!) that lead to weird situation where i'm near an enemy but cannot attack and instead i dash the hell to DEATH! Where is the control?

Anw what's with the bottomless pit? Metropolis didn't but you have the endless falling loop, old sonic let you fail and have a chance to receover, you always felt that you die because of your own not because the game want you fail...

The game pretty much play itself until the death test, all you have to do is to wake up at the right moment...

By the way it's a right step i hope future installement would as fun as some part of this one was (i hate secret rings)...

I enjoy the game and there was little burst when i thought "wow SONIC IS BACK" :) (shamar)

That's my opinion not something that hold the truth about the game

There is difficult game (Ninja Gaiden is) but this one is no hard, it is punitive

The old sonic was "flexible" this one you must play the designer's way.

As it turned out, according to Mr. Andac, after Sega had restructured itself to re-integrate external development houses like Smilebit and AM2 back in to the main Sega offices, Sonic Team was kept external strictly as a sweatshop to milk the Sonic cashcow, assembly-line style. Sega of Japan had intended NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams as a brief rest from the never-ending onslaught of Sonic game after Sonic game. In Ben’s own words: “There’s no doubt that Sonic Team have lost their quality touch. They are worse than talentless: they are without passion. Bored, weary, closed-minded and out of touch with any sense of what makes games good anymore.” Quite simply put, after making so many of them, Sonic Team is tired of Sonic games - something Ben cites as a reason for Yuji Naka’s resignation in 2006.

By the way for the paranoid FANBOY

http://kotaku.com/5124622/rumor-nights-sequel-was-originally-an-xbox-360-ps3-game

http://www.tssznews.com/2009/01/05/the-blog-sega-doesnt-want-you-to-read/

http://web.archive.org/web/20070408161400/http://bossrush.blogspot.com/2007/03/nights-2.html

There is difficult game (Ninja Gaiden is) but this one is no hard, it is punitive

The old sonic was "flexible" this one you must play the designer's way.

That pretty much sums up my exact thoughts on the game.

As a SOTC fan I can tolerate framedrops and such

Yeah, framedrops absolutely murdered my ability to enjoy SOTC. They made me motion sick actually.

Well, I play the PS2/Wii version, and I like it.

FPS is good, and the graphics are pretty great for a Wii game...

The Werehog stages were pretty good, but they got annoying in Eggmanland.

The daytime stages were nearly perfect. Fast, and they get EVEN faster. And again, they got seriously hard at Eggmanland...

You know, the kind of thing you'd expect out of a developer that gave a damn.
SEGA, regardless of how they're standing, doesn't give a damn about shit nowadays--Only a few games they've made have managed to get above an 8 for rating last year--Valkyria Chronicles is one of them. That's because 90% of SEGA doesn't give a shit. 10% of SEGA--Yes, that's SegaWOW I'm talking about--Does. If it "makes money", then onward with it. That's how it works with Sega.