A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dlpha-RC4

Kyran

After all this time I return to discover that my favorate thread (the screen shot thread :D) - the one I spent all my time in - has gone. Now I have to make a new thread and write information and... yuck.

Anyway, some of you might remember this screenshot:

Dlpha-RC4.png

Some thought it was a Sonic hentai game. :D

Some progress has been made since then:

Dlpha-RC4-PartySystem.png

This is showing off the new party management system. The little temp images I'm using are from Battle of Wesnoth.

Dlpha-RC4-Schedule.png

This one is showing off the schedule. The activities shown are the default ones for the engine I'm using (as were the states in the top image). I'm aiming at having quite a few activities, such as Cooking with Antoine.

I was intending to post a screen shot of the battle system, but it's in a rather incomplete state. Each battle is going to consist of up to six characters (three on each side). One character is selected from each team and they move to the center and fight it out. Long range characters can attack the enemy's center character at any time.

• Like 1

this confuses me

however, you might want to look at that ui problem that makes the words squashed, and correct the spelling mistakes

UI problem is because I don't have the right font when I compile the game.

The general idea of the game is: The player has thirty days to explore the world, influence characters, and do subplots before the main plot starts (via a tragic event). At the start of each day the player sets their schedule. The schedule generally has what training will take place during day. Each major character teaches a skill. For example, if Cooking was chosen then the character would learn that skill from the character that specializes in it; Antoine in this case. The player’s character would gain experience in cooking and possibly improve their relationship with the teacher.

Game play is along the lines of a point and click adventure. Searching through areas, using object A with object B to trigger event C and unlock area D. Well, hopefully it's not that dull. I also hope to involve quite a bit of tactics as well. Stationing party members at particular locations in order to accomplish things not possible if everyone just stuck together, trapping enemies by destroying doors and a few interesting combat situations.

This is a discussion page on the plot.

Sockman don't think too hard on that one :V

EDIT: I should probably complement the game first. Ignoring the stock status/information display ( I don't think you'd need Passion & Looks in a Sonci Fangame, unless you're actually doing something different ), it looks promising if you're going to supply the neccesary content.

keep it up plz.

• 1 month later...

Appearance is important for the persuasion feat, and passion has been renamed to leadership. :D

Anyway, those stats will never be a problem again!:

SallyandTails-Dlpha-RC4Alpha.jpg

And now the battle system is semi-working:

DlphasDevelopingBattleSystem1.jpg

Blue box to the left is Sonic, blue box to the right is Sally, and the red box is Tails (I don't have any battle art). I'm not sure what I'll put in the lower left and right boxes yet.

Amazing. It looks fine so far. Did you draw the characters shown?

Kinda. I trace a source image, then import that trace into Flash and then mess with it for a while. :D Same with most of the backgrounds too, except with my newer ones I take a picture of a location, trace it, then make it look all dark and SatAM like.

I'm still not convinced that this isn't an H-Game. And no amount of talking about it is going to change that. Those screens...

I mean seriously dude, you have a stat called Passion/Looks.

You can fool them, but you can't fool me!

Actually, Persona 3 was the cat's meow for me. I might try it even if it ends up being an H-Game.

I'm still not convinced that this isn't an H-Game. And no amount of talking about it is going to change that. Those screens...

I haven't said anything on the matter.

You can fool them, but you can't fool me!

How am I fooling anyone?

I mean seriously dude, you have a stat called Passion/Looks.

That passion stat was only shown in one screenshot, and has since been renamed to leadership. The looks stat is no longer around either just check out the game play footage I posted in post 10.

Sawnik iz gonna raep Tailz.

No.

Guest Shadix

Do you think you'll have a demo of this at SAGE? Even though it looks like it could be a hentai sim, I'm kindof moved to want to include it in advertising.

Do you think you'll have a demo of this at SAGE? Even though it looks like it could be a hentai sim, I'm kindof moved to want to include it in advertising.

I've never be quite sure of have SAGE works. :D I remember I was aiming to release something for SAGE 2006.

It is likely I'll be able to prepare a preview game, but for the full release I am hoping for I'm going to need battle graphics for Sally and a minor robot of some kind.

dlphaRC4Newbackdrop.jpg

The above backdrop I managed to put together in thirty minuets. Hopefully a largish world can be put together quickly.

EDIT: Yeah, it seems likely I'll be able to make a release for SAGE.

• 3 weeks later...