A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Armageddon Screenies

ZFG

Sonic Armageddon is a project by me that has been worked on the last month. The progress of zone's is going pretty slow, but I do have some names for later use. The engine is powered by Dami's 360 gm6 engine and sonic dash.(for water and stuff) The progress ef the engine is about 15-20% done, the engine is(as far as I know) glitchless. Anyway, Heres a few screenies:

Note: these are only test screens, the places will not be in the real game.

Screen-25.png

Screen-26.png

More too come.

<ZFG>

Edit: Beta now added!

BETA 2!

Sonic armageddon Engine Test.zip

Sonic armageddon Engine Test.rar

Make sure you put a border/line on top of the water, that way we know its actually water. After that, try fixing the way the timer appears because it looks, "squished". And the rest looks good, I know thats only a test level so I really shouldn't have said anything.

I'm going to rate it.

BAD:

1. The timer is fugly. Very fugly.

2. Acceleration should be a tiny bit faster

3. Water doesn't really seem to affect you

GOOD:

1. The engine is very stable, and it actually works and is fun to play

2. The homing attack is nice

There isn't much to play, so I can't really say anything else than that. I like it, but please fix the timer.

I like the engine, it's smooth. I ended up spindashing to get going way too much though. It's nearly impossible to run up a hill.

On a semi-related note...

That running animation. I've seen it somewhere before. Where did you get it?

Hell, that screen is awesome. I'm going to play a little with GM 3d.

EDIT: I have a question Damizean, I can set the zoom in the game. how much do I need to make it look normal and not blurry?

Hell, that screen is awesome. I'm going to play a little with GM 3d.

EDIT: I have a question Damizean, I can set the zoom in the game. how much do I need to make it look normal and not blurry?

Adjust the zoom to the same width of the window (or well, normal gameplay area). Also, deactivate texture filtering.