A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Revival

Chaos Rush

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the blue rings. you press x and you light dash one them. i don't remember there being a manual, but i just pressed the standard GM buttons until something happened. also, dont make space the main button, it's annoying, shift generally works better

the blue rings. you press x and you light dash one them. i don't remember there being a manual, but i just pressed the standard GM buttons until something happened. also, dont make space the main button, it's annoying, shift generally works better

I'm afraid that I really, really have to disagree there.

Actually, it's hard to get a gamepad to work perfectly with GM. Believe me, I've tried and failed several times. The main cause for that is that there is no function to check if a key is pressed, rather than just held down. It makes everything work like if you had turbo switched on the controller. But yeah, Sonic only uses one button normally, so space is okay, but this game has that light dash button, so I think that Z/X would be a great idea.

Rip them from SAdvan - Secret Base Act 1. Use VisualBoy Advance. Seriously, no excuse. Even has jumping lava sprites. =/

I'm not the person to actually try and rip sprites, along time ago I once downloaded a ROM and a virus was on my PC. But that was probably fault for choosing a poor site, but I don't emulate.

EDIT: I also have Sonic Advance 1, I just checked Secret Base zone, and to me the lava sprites don't look a lot like lava, they look more like red acid.

After playing your newest demo...id just like to say that little glitches aside (still having serous lightdash issues in some parts, there was a part in marble garden where lightdash malfunction got me killed 4 times in a row), the level design is pretty awesome, and i had fun playing all your levels.

Although the music change in Spring Yard zone was kind of wierd. The heroes music was fitting well, and then we get something from the midi era. Try to keep it consistant.

And i also had far less problems with the machspeed part, and i encourage you do alot more, but if you can try to make them a bit longer? Either way theyre really fun to do.

Overall, Id say the game is really close to being really awesome. A few glitches aside, id have to say your levels are extremely fun. I noticed that i actually was going back to do things in the Green Hill Zone, which means you set the level up really well with the corkscrews and stuff. (If you just fixed that frigging lightdash...)

(Oh, also, good job with the seperation of lightdash and normal rings. It makes it alot more fun.)

(Oh yeah, and PLEASE attempt to put actual lava in the marble zone. That dusty effect is cool and all, but....just no.

ghzvk6.png

I changed the ocean one last time. This is actually what the ocean would've looked like in Neo Green Hill Zone, Sonic Advance. Well, thats what the Beta Sonic Advance screens show. Right now it kinda looks wonky, but it looks A LOT better in-game because its animated.