A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chaotix RPG Sprite Project

Okay ( just learned this right now ) Just get the outline of your line art using the lasso tool or something like that. Then go under Select, Modify, Border and choose what thickness in pixels you want. After that, it'll give you the outline of the border. If you don't know what to do with that, a simple thing is to copy and paste into the image to create another layer. Then you can set the color to what you want.

Hope that helps.

Wait wait wait, LarkSS, you have Photoshop right? Why don't you just use ImageReady that comes with it to make animations? That's what I use. After some initial confusion, it's become a really simple matter after that, and I make all my animations in that now.

Wait wait wait, LarkSS, you have Photoshop right? Why don't you just use ImageReady that comes with it to make animations? That's what I use. After some initial confusion, it's become a really simple matter after that, and I make all my animations in that now.

Yay, now I can erase Wingraphic from my PC!

DEMO hopefully next week...

Yay for demo! I also started on Shadow's battle sprites. I'm also making sure to perfectly(well, almost perfectly) align the sprites in the template. I'll post the sheet when I have enough animations put in.

Sweet, I hate aligning sprites, I always mess up somewhere, I usually try alligning it to Sonic's furthest back spike, although it doesn't always work.

I'm trying out different features in Photoshop at the moment, for a test piece of artwork I'm inking and then SA styling a Japanese Sonic The Movie picture. It's coming along quite well actually.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

I'll post this in here anyway but 'll also make an artwork topic on it, my very first Photoshop picture. Not artwork for the game, just inking and SA shading the official Japanese Sonic STM artwork. Line art is horrendous because I only learnt how to do it properly by the time I reached the head.

STMSAstyle.png

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Hmm...Thinking of a name, something like Super Sonic Warrior? Although those b_stards at DBZ have already used that name...

Yeah...Dammit, why is it so hard to think of a decent title.

I suppose that replacing the word "Sonic" with "Hedgehog" would work though.

Although Super Sonic Hedgehog is probably the least original name there is...

Lets see...Chaos is very overused...as is the word Emerald...

Hmmm...What about Freedom Zone?

I don't think so.

Why not keep it as it is?

What as Sonic Chaotix? NO WAI! The whole storyline has changed now and the Chaotix arn't full-on major characters anymore.

Lol, I'd ask if you were kidding, but I understand how hard thinking of names can be. ( I'm still thinking of one for my game =/ ) How about Freedom Fighters?

Been suggested about 6 times on other forums-

1) Taken

2) Wasn't that the name of the satAM characters?

3) Yes I was kidding.

Why not just Sonic Freedom RPG? Who cares if someone else stole your name. It sounds to me that their game follows the same storyline as Sonic the Movie and it's a platform game. So if you specify in your title that this is a RPG then no one will get confused. But I can still see why you would'nt want to use the name now though.

Why not just Sonic Freedom RPG? Who cares if someone else stole your name. It sounds to me that their game follows the same storyline as Sonic the Movie and it's a platform game. So if you specify in your title that this is a RPG then no one will get confused. But I can still see why you would'nt want to use the name now though.

'Cos I want a really powerful name for my game. Not just Sonic ____ ect...

ZOMG 200TH POST!!!

Ahhh, Mighty hasn't been put on the frontpage yet :(

Anyway... I've kind've gone off on a tangent at the moment. Been doing other sprites and other stuff. Starting doing a classic Sonic Advance, Paper Mario Wario, some other stuff. Although, I'll try and complete my stuff here when I get around to it.

Ahhh, Mighty hasn't been put on the frontpage yet :(

Anyway... I've kind've gone off on a tangent at the moment. Been doing other sprites and other stuff. Starting doing a classic Sonic Advance, Paper Mario Wario, some other stuff. Although, I'll try and complete my stuff here when I get around to it.

I could've sworn I put Mighty on the frontpage, I'll fix it right away. Sorry...

Take as long as you need. I'm in no rush, Sonic will be the only playable character in the demo and I've got all his sprites.