A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Is Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 worth buying for the Xbox 360?

Icecreamkid

Yea I'm trying to find out if Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for the Xbox 360 worth getting. I know the game got low reviews and most people hated it, but I'm just curious on whether I should buy it or not. So I need your opinion. It costs $19.99 in most retail stores.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*Looks at thread title and laughs hysterically*

This game was terrible. Sega hyped it through the roof, but it still turned out to be horrible. As a matter of fact, the rumor is that Sega actually discontinued it recently. I believe that is the first time that Sega has discontinued a Sonic game because of bad sales. (Well, there were a few games like Chaotix which were discontinued because their consoles were discontinued, but that is a different situation.)

You guys are going waaaaaay overboard. The game was fine except for glitches. This "SONIC 2K6 WAS THE WORST GAME OF ALL TIME" fad is so damn annoying. I had a lot of fun with the game, and it's perfectly playable. Once in a while a spring will screw up and send you in a different direction, or you will fall off a loop, but other than that the glitches won't bother you.

Well, the only questionable thing in this game is Elise and Sonic. People are like "omg! furry/human relationship!" but she's just a girl that Sonic has to save over and over, and he gives her advice and stuff. She does kiss him on the nose at one point, but who cares?

This game is miles better than Shadow and Heroes, so you will like this if you liked those. Plus, I've seen this game for ten dollars used. I'd say that was a great deal.

Well, the only questionable thing in this game is Elise and Sonic. People are like "omg! furry/human relationship!" but she's just a girl that Sonic has to save over and over, and he gives her advice and stuff. She does kiss him on the nose at one point, but who cares?

This game is miles better than Shadow and Heroes, so you will like this if you liked those. Plus, I've seen this game for ten dollars used. I'd say that was a great deal.

Um, no they full on make out and buttfuck in the final scene and then he blows his load, comes back to life, and turns super. No lie.

The game was horrible. This was coming from someone who was expecting it to be atleast mediocre. And the game pisses me off so much. Sonic Team just... keeps making bad games and disappointing their fans. Mario fans get treated like kings when the new Mario game comes out, but we have to actually force ourselves to like the latest Sonic titles.

You guys are going waaaaaay overboard. The game was fine except for glitches. This "SONIC 2K6 WAS THE WORST GAME OF ALL TIME" fad is so damn annoying. I had a lot of fun with the game, and it's perfectly playable. Once in a while a spring will screw up and send you in a different direction, or you will fall off a loop, but other than that the glitches won't bother you.

I'm definitely NOT going overboard. There were like 2 levels I actually enjoyed, everything else was riddled with bottomless pits and instant death traps that destroyed your will to continue.

The story was a complete crock of shit. Sega keeps throwing sonic into a completely different world for every game. Blaze is a huge plot hole of a character, she comes from an alternate dimension on sonic rush, then all of a sudden her and silver (fuck him btw, he's a dumb character) are from the future.

The super speed parts would've been an amazing idea if you actually had clear indicators of what was coming up ahead.

The only real thing I can complement on this game was most of the soundtrack, which usually is pretty good in these games.

I liked sonic heroes better than 2k6. and yes, I've played both games to the bitter end.

The game was horrible. This was coming from someone who was expecting it to be atleast mediocre. And the game pisses me off so much. Sonic Team just... keeps making bad games and disappointing their fans. Mario fans get treated like kings when the new Mario game comes out, but we have to actually force ourselves to like the latest Sonic titles.

True, because forcing to like the latest Sonic was what I was going to have to do. Mario never had one bad game. I bet anyone can't even name one bad Mario game.

But with Sonic it seems like Sega's/Sonic Team's philosophy on making 3D Sonic games is:

• Eye candy
  • Hardcore characters and storylines
  • Somewhat linear stages, hardly any exploration involved in the game, and that knuckles emerald finding crap don't count. By exploration value I mean searching every bit of a zone to find out a level's many secrets like the old Genesis Sonic games.

But since I haven't bought a new Sonic game since Shadow the Hedgehog, I am really desperate to buy a new one. Seriously.

[EDIT] Also after reading shadowgoten's post he is right about "Sega keeps throwing sonic into a completely different world for every game." They need to take it back to Planet Mobius and use one of the Sonic the Comic storylines. I mean I'm not sure if anyone can agree with me but I think Sonic the Comic's storylines are pure genious in a way.

shut the fuck up

Sonic 06 at best... was poo. And thats at best. We could have blamed Microsoft for its rushy rushy for the holidays deal, but no! They had another chance to fix it on the PS3 and they STILL fuck it up. Lets face it, Sonic Team is nothing but fat people sitting in their chairs with cheetos on their tits, typing with one hand.

They've gotten ever so lazy...

I would play shadow the hedgehog 3 times (fuck it 5 times) before I play 06 again.

I took a plane back to Florida to visit my friend for a couple weeks over the summer. While I was there I tried it out. Let me tell you, this is the most bug-flooded game I have ever played. Did you think the original Sonic Adventure had its share of bugs? This blows that out of the water. Here are the two bugs that were the worst:

-If you hit a spring, let go of the control stick. If you hold any direction after hitting a spring, you'll fall down through the ground and lose a life. This happened to me in the overworld countless times. At the same spot.

-Heard of those really fast running stages Sonic has every now and then? You're not supposed to jump during those unless absolutely necessary. If you do, you can risk hitting a wall. And hitting a wall, for some reason, kills you.

And.. I gave up right there. I let my friend beat it for me and I played a little further in the game before deciding it wasn't fun.

The music in most of the levels are good. I have no problems with the graphics either. The storyline was unbearably cheesy. A human character should not have the power to resurrect a dead sonikku by kissing him. Not only is that cheesy and overused in fairy tales, but it's just wrong. Ew.

Did I mention the loading times are horrible? And if that's not bad enough, they have to take you to a loading screen dozens of times between levels and even during levels.

I advise you to stay away from this game.