A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Discuss a Brawl Tournament

ila

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DW, if someone starts spamming the raygun, you can airdodge below the line of fire, and since you can still do stuff after an air dodge, a recovery move gets you back on the ledge. Granted, there IS a point of no return, but that's the same for fighting hand to hand anyways.

You'd think so, but from what I've seen, the usual strategy involves getting the opponent over the edge and THEN spamming the raygun. If you airdodge below the line of fire when that happens in Melee, you die. In SSBB, you might be able to do stuff afterwards, but for most characters you are still screwed. The enemy will just get you on the way back up. The raygun really is the single most gamebreaking thing ever.

Granted, I haven't actually seen it used in SSBB... I don't see how it could be anything less than broken unless they changed the knockback arc.

You'd think so, but from what I've seen, the usual strategy involves getting the opponent over the edge and THEN spamming the raygun. If you airdodge below the line of fire when that happens in Melee, you die. In SSBB, you might be able to do stuff afterwards, but for most characters you are still screwed. The enemy will just get you on the way back up. The raygun really is the single most gamebreaking thing ever.

Granted, I haven't actually seen it used in SSBB... I don't see how it could be anything less than broken unless they changed the knockback arc.

Eh. If you're using your Up B, the enemy probably isn't going to be able to hit you. And it's hard to be screwed after an Air Dodge, so I don't really see where you got that from, since you CAN air dodge, thus falling below the line of fire, then recovering to the edge.

Honestly, you're biggest fear is people leaping out and whacking you; it's a much floatier game this time around and just about anyone can recover from off the screen now.

'sides, the gun has enough lag between shots.

Directional yes, but Brawl does let you do an air dodge still which can take you below the line of fire. Still, it isn't like the enemy can't just pursue you below the stage and even if he couldn't, the vast majority of characters don't have the proper recovery to safely get back from that without ending up getting shot at again.

All I know is I'm not going anywhere near someone who has a raygun.

Yeah, the raygun is a pretty brutal weapon.

Using it on players is almost unfair unless their good enough to let you waste all your shots, and using it on computers is suicide since their almost ALWAYS going to reflect the shots back.

But thats just becuase the Very Hard Mode NPCs on Melee are fucking unfair. (Perfect block and reflect everything, counter everything, and are litertately unapproachable on the ground, ESPICALLY if they have a projectile. (Mario, Falco, Bowser, ect)

Yea, but DW, again, just about ANYONE can pursue you off the stage this time. Without a fucking raygun. It doesn't matter. And raygun isn't anywhere near at fatal as a final smash so I still don't see what the big deal is.

And I already said that Raygun has a little less knockback.

Trust me. I kinda play the game at least 5 hours every other day. I know these things.

The raygun is exceedingly more fatal than a final smash at least in 1v1 (given it is the same as rayguns have been). Again, like I said, if you are in any way good with it, it is a guaranteed free kill. A final smash in 1v1 is never any more than that and almost always less.

It doesn't matter that it has low knockback. You can juggle with it before the opponent can recover... at least in Melee. Again, I can't say for sure about Brawl. But in Melee, you can continually hit them with the ray gun after you've knocked them slightly off the stage and with a full clip, you can always get them past the death line of the stage just through a slow push.

Have you played Brawl?

Cause...you know, if you did, you'd have a stronger argument. I'm not saying you're presenting a weak one, I'm just saying if you haven't even played a game I don't see how you'd know if an item is as cheap as the previous installment, or if it's any less cheaper than the Smash Balls.

Just curious, though.

I said like fifty thousand times that I'm assuming it is the same as it is in Melee. You haven't made any effort to correct me on that.

In any event, the scenario assumes you are starting with the targeted player in the air above the pit, as though put in that position by a typical b-air. THEN the other player does the laser juggling. If it is like Melee, it is basically unavoidable for the vast majority of characters.

Oh, and don't act superior just because you pirated the fuckin' game early. Two weeks of experience is very, very little for SSB.