A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mario Roots

kirbyhi5

One problem I noticed is that sometimes if you get injured while in the corner, you'll get stuck there for a bit.

Yeah I noticed this too, and it has been fixed. No more corner stickies:ssmile:

I kind of wish the camera moved up a bit when you jumped while fighting the boss, just so that you can see where you are while combo-ing a bit better.

Hm, I'm not sure if that is possible. If I moved the camera to follow mario by just a little bit, then you won't be able to see the ground when you land. But I'll see if I can work something out

The idea of making the screen shake when the cannonballs start up is good, but I think it can be toned down a bit.

aww. well I guess I can make it so the screen only shakes when it lands on the ground, stead of having it shake constantly when its moving.

I also think it'd be best to spawn the "combo hit" text in a recurring spot, rather than Mario's spot at the time. In the center, or at the top of screen or something.

Great idea. Not sure why I didn't think of keeping it in one spot. I'll change it

In slightly unrelated news, it should be "this is all a part of my partner's plan" as opposed to "apart." Lol, not exactly a bug, but it helps, eh? :P

haha ok

What's the screen resolution? It's like.. perfect.
500x 300. I figure since im using paper mario sprites I need a bigger screen, and it worked out fine
I get stuck at the "The Mushroom Way" screen. He keeps fading in. It never goes to a level.

hmm odd, post a screenshot?

Well that's odd, so it just stays like that?..hmm well I took that out, so now it should just start. I also switched the execution level to "as invoker"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zqsisr

If this doesn't work, then it may be because it "MAYBE" only works for vista. Do you have XP?

Well that's odd, so it just stays like that?..hmm well I took that out, so now it should just start. I also switched the execution level to "as invoker"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zqsisr

If this doesn't work, then it may be because it "MAYBE" only works for vista. Do you have XP?

Yea, this version does the same thing (keeps fading to black then snapping back). Only now it's in the top left corner of some level and not in the "The Mushroom Way" screen. Using XP.

hmm.. I honestly don't have the slightest clue as to why this is happening.I doubt it has anything to do with the actual events.

My last suggestion is get the CNC DLL file

http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=6&id=7

If it still doesn't work..then well I'll have to install windows xp on my vista, and figure something out. if someone knows why this happening please post so

Guest Shadix
im sure the majority of us have XP. Or at least try our hardest to.

MMF2 wont even run on my Vista OS, and its the 32-bit one too.

Odd, MMF2 works fine here. Vista is a godsend of an operating system when it comes to stability. Handles itself like a champ when a high-resource app locks up. Only problem I ever had with it involved 3DS Max and that has since been fixed in a new version. XD.

On Topic: IS THIS GOING TO BE AT SAGE AND IF SO PLZ LET ME ADVERTISE BECAUSE YOUR GAME IS PRETTY AND IM PRETTY SURE PRETTY PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY IT!

:X

I'm using XP. They day I use Vista is the day I die. Anyway. Try to release a version without the title card.

Yeah, the one I last posted didn't have the title card. That makes me think that it is not the events that is causing the problems but something to do with when it is created as an stand-alone application execution type. I have one last test though, tell me if this works.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wi54b8

If it does not, well, I really dont know. It worked on my computer when I had Windows XP 2 months ago as a stand-alone .exe. Also, please post another screenshot of exactly what happening

oh, and this is going to be at NCFC. I thought sage was for sonic fan games only

Still just keep fading in.

hate to make you do this again,... but I think I have another solution, since you speak of fading-in transition. I searched clickteam technical support for such problems, and there was something stated about it crashing if I have fade-in/out transition enabled with certain objects....so I removed the fade transitions.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pnp4uc

if it fades-in again, even though I have NO fade-in transitions set...then blah.

Yeah, it just froze.

Ah, well I tried..In more depressing news, I just lost 6+ hours of work on it(All the changes I made that everyone told me to fix, gone :/)

Yeah so as usual I click to start the frame. The frame never starts. I figure, hmm MMF2 may crash soon, Lemme go ahead and save my shit. It wouldn't let me save. Then, MMF2 end up crashing out, and guess what? It reverts back to the save file I had nearly 1 day ago, despite the fact that I saved it a few hours ago. Now that really fucking pissed me off. I made about a dozen changes that took a shit load of time and it went all down the drain.

Oh well, Atleast I know how to do it again. I'll remember now to make back-up files and save more often. This sucks, just when I had perfect collision fixed for it. Thank god I made a more recent backup of the boss.

Guest Shadix
Ah, well I tried..In more depressing news, I just lost 6+ hours of work on it(All the changes I made that everyone told me to fix, gone :/)

Yeah so as usual I click to start the frame. The frame never starts. I figure, hmm MMF2 may crash soon, Lemme go ahead and save my shit. It wouldn't let me save. Then, MMF2 end up crashing out, and guess what? It reverts back to the save file I had nearly 1 day ago, despite the fact that I saved it a few hours ago. Now that really fucking pissed me off. I made about a dozen changes that took a shit load of time and it went all down the drain.

Oh well, Atleast I know how to do it again. I'll remember now to make back-up files and save more often. This sucks, just when I had perfect collision fixed for it. Thank god I made a more recent backup of the boss.

You really should submit this to SAGE so I can advert your game and we can both be fat and rich.

August 8th!

• 3 weeks later...

The full challenge level is done. Here is a full video. Yes, I realize it may contain some spoilers, but all demo levels are video'd. Also, This one has..SOUND EFFECTS. so yeah, watch u lurkers.

VIDEO:

You know how I like my classic endings. Sadly I failed the mission to infiltrate King Boo's Castle.

well back to normal levels, which are way more of a pain to make than challenge levels.

• 4 weeks later...

Completed enemy AI for Red Bandit, Fat Guys, and Black Toads. Made a 2 minute video featuring what all they can do + swimming Mario..(yes I love making videos)

VIDEO:

(100 Internet's to anyone who knows where I got the black toad AI idea from.)

Well since all the enemy ai is done, the peach castle level is just about done. So far things are going just as scheduled. Things are going much faster now that the engine is done. (I'm not going to spoil anything past chapter 1 though)