A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Phantasy Star Universe: AoI

ila

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, PSU is a fun game, but for people like me and Twodee who have played other MMO's, PSU loses its appeal very very fast.

There's no pvp, and it just turns into mad grindfest/itemfest after you complete all the missions. If the servers were free to play, I'd think about playing more, but at this point I just don't see myself playing.

There's no pvp, and it just turns into mad grindfest/itemfest after you complete all the missions.

Well, according to Sereph and this information he found a few pages back:

Versus mission

Player vs. player. Final details have not been confirmed, but it's said that action will be taken to put players on an even field. (Was it C-mode in PSO that reduced everyone to LV1 and gave them basic equipment? If so, I wouldn't be shocked if that's what's done here.) Anyway, different modes are being considered such as one-on-one and an all out brawl.

This is a japanese update though, so I don't know if it'll apply to us, Sereph said it does though.

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76373&postcount=234

Yea but why would you ever want to play as a lvl 1 with shit gear when you've gotten all these badass weapons and such. There's just not enough people to warrant a skill/level based queue to pit equal fighters against each other and stuff. I mean that kinda gives you a reason to get these kickin rad weapons and armor, to beat your real enemies into the ground with them and be the best.

PSO's battle mode had condition fights as well as being able to fight with all your equipment.

Putting everyones equipment to lvl 1 is kind of mandatory, since in the lvl 1xx fights everyone would basically be getting killed in one hit.

Rangers have Killer Shot, Forces have Megid/Really powerful remote AoE spells, and Hunters have unfair skills (Majarra, Chikki). There would be no battle.

And yes, all the japanese updates eventually will apply to us. Even if we dont have holidays that the japanese have, they find ways to alter them so they appeal to us.

and Shadix leaves the fray due to lack of time...

That is if I can figure out how to actually cancel my subscription >.>. PlaySEGA is acting like I cancelled it already.

Ya, we spent pretty much the whole month doing Winter events. Though I still join a couple of parties here and there.

Hope you guys decide to resubscribe at some point. :I

EDIT: Also ila, could you tell me how to get Tylor's card? I beat that Episode like 2 times on C and A, no card was given to me. I bet it has something to do with that multiple choice answer bullcrap right? =\

EDIT2: Solveded, Apparently I missed a couple of Episode missions somewhere in either Episode 2 or 3, looks like I need to redo all to be sure. *Shudders* Gotta go through the PSU Puzzles again, annoying.

SG. WE NEED TO PLAY THAT AGAIN. aikofhjdsfjs. minority squad back in action.

Also, Pogie and I had a great time playing with you lot, but like SG said, it just gets old I guess.

Find a good torrent of San Andreas, I actually have the dvd, but if you can grab that, they have a kick ass version of MTA for it. Or we can just go back to the tried and true VC.

TRD, ive pretty much given up playing the rival role, seriously really. You guys end up playing at way longer intervals than i can due to school and such.

However, if you ever decide to make any kind of Force character, ill gladly put you to shame. Most of my playtime goes into my fortecher and her spells...so even if you DID make one and pass my by like 40 levels mine would STILL be superior.