A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

It's been 15 years...

GSF

In a few secs, it'll be November 24th, the 15th anniversary of Sonic 2uesday.

We're getting old. 15 years is a lot!

I'm gonna play Sonic 2 now to remember the good old times... ...old times that I miss so much.

Some links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2_%2816-bit%29 - Info about Sonic 2

http://www.s2beta.com/ - Info about the Nick Arcade and Beta versions.

EDIT: It's November 24th already!

• Like 1

Your very first videogame... ...wow!

The first console I've ever played is the Megadrive, when I was 3 years old.

As for the first game, I can't remember but I think it was Sonic 3, the Sonic 1, and then Sonic 2.

I can still remember these days... ...I could barely get through Angel Island when I was 3. Now I zoom through these levels.

I like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (I never played SA2 though... I really want a PC version, dammit!), but SEGA will never bring back the classic elements. Thank god we have the SFGHQ and the various projects!

Spike:Great game, great system, all time favorites of mine.

Agree. GREAT system. Here's some technical info about it:

http://www.digitpress.com/faq/megadrive.htm

I agree. But yeah, I got Sonic 2 when I was either 3 or 4. I'm guessing 3, but I remember I was ecstatic when I found out that there were more Sonic games on the way. (Back then I could only get to Aquatic Ruins, heh)

I'm pretty sure Sonic 3&K was the first videogame I ever beat 100% (With all Chaos and Super Emeralds) when I was 7 years old. Sonic fanboy ever since.

I never owned a genesis or any genesis games. The first genesis game I played was Sonic and Knuckles Collection for the PC. I didn't know you could actually choose which game to play, and when my sister accidentally hit left or whatever at the menu screen I played Mushroom Hill for the first time and thought I entered some secret code to advance further in the game. Good times.

hb Sonic 2.

I was a Sonic 2 baby, got a Genesis with the Sonic 2 pack-in when I was 2 or 3 and was hooked after that... Didn't play the original until at least '97.

Ironically, I tend to not like Sonic 2 as much as the other genesis games. Sonic 3 occupied me quite a bit when I was younger, and when we finally got Sonic and Knuckles in like 95ish I played the crap out of S3K.

My first game was the original Mario Bros. followed up by Sonic 2 (got the Genesis/Sonic 2 compilation system). God, that was ages ago. Hard to believe that in another few years I'll be married and working as an accountant-- never dreamed of that kind of shit 15 years ago.

I never owned a genesis or any genesis games. The first genesis game I played was Sonic and Knuckles Collection for the PC. I didn't know you could actually choose which game to play, and when my sister accidentally hit left or whatever at the menu screen I played Mushroom Hill for the first time and thought I entered some secret code to advance further in the game. Good times.

hb Sonic 2.

Dude! You had the PC version too?! I thought me and AeroGP were the only ones ^-^ fuckin' sweet.

My first non-educational computer game was Sonic 3 and Knuckles, when the PC version came bundled with my family's new (and then extremely extremely high end) Pentium 2 computer. I remember that on the first day I tried it, I could not figure out how to get through the first loop in the game. XP

I never knew anything about Sonic 2 until almost three years after I first played Sonic 3, when I became old enough to start exploring the internet and found Genecyst and a Sonic 2 ROM. I thought it was really odd compared to Sonic 3. (Of course, I thought Sonic 1 was even more bizarre when I was unable to spindash)

Wow, really? The first game I remember having was Zaxxon for the Atari 5200. Granted, it was a hand-me-down and the Atari 5200 was discontinued before I was born and it would pretty quickly be handed down again. So probably a better first game would be the original Zelda.

Well, I had a Master System, so I played the MS version of Sonic 2 way before the MD one. In fact, I only got to play the MD version of Sonic 2 many years later, when I got a K6-II that could emulate the MD games in real time.

(Before that I had a 486 T_T, and neither KGEN98 or Genecyst would run at full speed.. But it did run Sonic & Knuckles Collection, so Sonic 3 was the first MD game I played)