A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Favorite Videogame Songs.

Steven M

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from the best of the epic last battle songs, but was very unique and presented in an amazing way. It's an amazing song to listen to while fighting the One-Winged Angel or KH1 Sephiroth, but it's not so great to listen to casually, IMHO.

Edit: Of course that can be said of many many video game songs.

Emohog Theme Remix by NIN

No, all kidding aside, I don't listen to video game music.

I can't listen to videogame music. I like to keep it in the game so it keeps its atmospheric nature. I like my videogame music to stay associated with the game.

Far from the best of the epic last battle songs, but was very unique and presented in an amazing way. It's an amazing song to listen to while fighting the One-Winged Angel or KH1 Sephiroth, but it's not so great to listen to casually, IMHO.

Edit: Of course that can be said of many many video game songs.

I listen alot of "non-casual" music. Really, I think a large part of it is my disgression on classical music. From my standpoint, having listened to a wide variety of classical, jazz, progressive, etc, One Winged Angel just doesn't stand up that well as a stand alone piece. I admit it's definitely an epic track, but at the same time it's the same kind of epic you hear in movie soundtracks, and at the same time I've heard many movie soundtracks pull it off better. The song only works in context.

Actually, come to think of it, FF7's final boss was probably one of the first to have a song fully orchestrated that way in a videogame, and it probably was pretty epic compared to the synthesized soundtrack up to that point. :\

I can't listen to videogame music. I like to keep it in the game so it keeps its atmospheric nature. I like my videogame music to stay associated with the game.

You don't particularly have to listen to it out-of-game to be able to have favorites and whatnot.

Now I don't know jack squat about music, but: As video games, especially of that time, often consisted of 40-70 songs usually by a single composer often working on several projects at once for a relatively utilitarian purpose, it's quite difficult to compare a video game song to a "real" song, much less a song of a true classical master. The really good composers certainly seem to make songs with some real musical merit, but at the same time, video game songs tend to only sound really great out-of-game for nostalgia's sake.

not a first post actually, look in his profile

I guess I should say first "legal" post on this version of the boards since I was here during the start of 2000 or something (I remember the site when It had that epic embed and the swirly buttons along with a Sonic adventure looking title.) and came back right around when my brother blues was acting up and the return of CAMPS. I've submitted some stuff...

but thats all off-topic. AND THATS TERRIBLE! :aparty:

the jingle is also good form portal.

love the FF7 stuff as well as the Megaman music.

At times though I have the WoW: Orgrimmar music and the halo theme in my head :<

You don't particularly have to listen to it out-of-game to be able to have favorites and whatnot.

But listening ingame and out of game are two different things. Ingame (in some games), you're meant to not notice the music but let it add to the atmosphere of the scene.

Here's a few more.

• SQ Main Theme ~ Graduation (Space Quest 5)

• House of Sacred Remains (Castlevania: Lamment of Innocence)

(Wild Arms)

• Hell (Cave Story)

• Dart's Theme (Legend of Dragoon)

• Ending ~ Arranged (Super Metroid: Sound in Action)

• Monkey Island Theme /

(Curse of Monkey Island)

Speaking of the Castlevania OSTs, both PS2 games have a variety of great tracks. Actually, most of the games I mentioned have really, really good musical scores but I only mentioned one or two favorites from each.

Getting the whole albums is recommended. DO EET.

Oh, and don't forget to check out the

for EPIC LULZ.

Oh, and don't forget to check out the

for EPIC LULZ.

Oh damn that made me laugh. Im glad i never wanted that game.

Tales of Symphonia - Fighting of the Spirit (Best track in the whole series.) http://youtube.com/watch?v=FpoHjj0-aTw This guy remixed it damn well.

Baiten Kaitos - The True Mirrior (Gutair)

Not the best quality, but meh. The gutair solo on that song (1:30 +) was awesome to me.

FF7 battle music was awesome.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RnK-hR1-pcw Another awesome guy does it on an actual electric guitar.

(and speaking of One Winged Angel, i attempted to kill Sephiroth on KH1 again yesterday, and does anyone notice that he uses like the exact omnislash from FF7? I mean 15 hits and all.)

I like His World (The guitar instrumental) due to epic factor it gave the trailor. Too bad the game didn't keep up with it

I am currently choosing my favorite however, its too hard O_o

The Zebrahead version was pretty good at least.

Anyways, I just came across the soundtrack for this game called "Tsugunai" that Mitsuda composed, and it's every bit as amazing as Xenogears' soundtrack

Sonic adventure

- Station square theme

- Main theme

Sonic adventure 2

- City escape - escape from the city

- Main theme - Live and Learn

Sonic the hedgehog next gen

- His world.

- All hail shadow.

Sonic heroes

- Team Sonic theme - We can

- Team Dark theme - This machine

- Main theme - What I'm made of

Sonic Riders

- Catch me if you can

- Sonic speed riders

Sonic 1

- Green hill zone

- Spring yard zone

- Labirynth zone

Sonic 2

- Emerald hill

- Chemical plant

- Metropolis

Sonic 3

- Angel island

There's more but I can't remember them all.