A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Discussion Thread

ila

Ike's speed is SO accepted when he can destroy you at 20% damage.

Has anyone noticed any differences with Zelda? (not sheik.)

Ive started to get REALLY good with her in melee, to the point i can play with her in local melee's and pretty much clean house without transforming.

Anyone know if she still has that Sweetspotted Sex Kick? That and falcon's knee has to be the most useful damn moves in this game.

Zelda's kicks are pretty amazing, actually. I believe her back air got a great boost. I rarely use the fair or nair attacks, so I couldn't tell you about those. But bair is just bordering on broken if you land it just right. That satisfying short pause followed by that sizzle are just precursors to the pain of being sent clear off the motherfucking screen.

Some random thoughts about the game as I'm playing it. Godamn. The curry item is fucking insane. It lasts forever and you can barely get a hit on the person that has it.

I love playing as Sonic. I wish he had been able to have been in more of the SSE though. And speaking of, the SSE was a lot of fun, albeit a bit frustrating at times with some cheap deaths. But the movies were awesome and this whole game is just like sweet sweet candy to someone like me who loves crossovers.

I love Lucario. I didn't think I would, and I still wish they had at least kept Mewtwo in, but he's really fun to play. I think it's really cool how he gets stronger the more damage he takes. I like Lucas more than Ness, and I actually enjoy playing as the Ice Climbers this time. I also love Wolf. I was never a big Fox fan, but something about Wolf makes me really like playing him. I also really enjoy Pokemon Trainer. SG is a beast with Olimar it seems.

And holy mother of god. Mr. Resetti is the most annoying thing in the world.

Dammit, I've been wandering around The Great Maze for a while now. I can't seem to find the last trophy/music in here! Gah! Anyone know?

EDIT: Oh and I loooove Sonic. He can combo with ANY of his moves (Even his Up B). Making him one major force to be reckoned with. He's just awesome.

Dammit, I've been wandering around The Great Maze for a while now. I can't seem to find the last trophy/music in here! Gah! Anyone know?

EDIT: Oh and I loooove Sonic. He can combo with ANY of his moves. Making him one major force to be reckoned with. He's just awesome.

I still have to grab the rest of the crap in SSE, I only beat it and got wolf/toon link after that.

I totally didn't think I was going to be picking up a copy of this because I failed to pre-order it, but my local Best Buy had about 20 copies out on the shelves so I had no trouble!

Anyway, allow me to copy-paste my thoughts about the game from another board:

HERE ARE MY CURRENT THOUGHTS:

Holy crap this is an amazing game.

The old characters are back and play pretty much like they did before (a plus for me). The new characters are nice, too. Among them I seem to be good with Lucas, Olimar, and Meta Knight.

I'm liking the new stages. That new background for Final Destination is awesome as well.

Final Smashes are neato.

I appreciate their allowing many control schemes-- I was able to plug in one of my 'Cube controllers and jump right into the game immediately without having to relearn anything.

I'm a bit disappointed they removed all those insane bonuses from the 1P modes in Melee. They were amusing.

I played about an hour into Subspace and it is really good. Best 1P Smash experience yet. It feels like Smash but at the same time is like something else. I also enjoy how it feels retro in a way-- none of the characters speak at all, text or voice acting. CG cutscenes are nice too.

I give this a 10/10. I might raise it to 11/10 once I play more :P

Later-- digging further into Subspace and starting online play.

There are actually no bonuses anymore in the game it seems, just for clearing a mode or using continues (which give negative).

I actually had better luck finding an online match before it was released ;_;.

Btw, cool little fact, before the game was officially released here, the online menu only had friend brawl and anyone brawl icons, no option icon or spectator match icons. Also the album/stage builder/replay menus didn't have the submit icon either.

Been playing this game all day. It's fucking EPIC. So far I've gotten Ness, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Marth, and a load of music. I've only cleared 33% of SSE, but I've been having fun messing around in other modes. SSE is pretty disappointing, but Classic mode and multiplayer makes up for that. Easily.

After watching countless videos on YouTube, you kinda forget that this game runs at a smooth and sexy 60 FPS until you pop the disc in.

Totally blew my mind how awesome this game is, even if I did play it for only a few minutes.

Well I got the game at Midnight last night, and so far I'm happy with it, but I've still got issues already and they all pretain to Subspace. The quick run down is the sheer fact that the load times are really, really annoying. I haven't ran into a game that's had trouble to load quikcly on the Wii yet, but that being said it's not terrible, and there are probably worse out there. Another thing that bugs the hell out of me is how it tries to mix a platformer and Smash Bros together. This is cool, but sometimes, there's some really unfair deaths thrown in, and that just sucks. There's more but, meh, I'm tired.

Just beat 100 man brawl with Ike, and I have to say that's as easy as it gets if you wanna do it in a short time (Under 3:30 for an elite beat sticker.)

I forgot to mention Diddy (since he's gotten no love, for shame) and I have to say he's great! Quick and strong he's very useful in my opinion (although my only gripes with him are 1.) how weak his peanut popgun is; 8% a shot and he doesn't have the boombox victory dance.) He was one of my first choices when I played the game and I'm not disappointed at all :)

Add me to the Metaknight list plz.

My friend got it(I'm gettin' it in a few days) and we spent like 8 hours going through SSE. We're in the Maze thing now, so we still don't have Sonic and such.

Holy shit Ike is amazing. I was owning everyone when I played as him. Metaknight will get you up to %100 in a heartbeat and his Final Smash is pure ownage. Snake is still a little confusing for me, but every once in a while I pull some awesome combo off that makes me want to play as him more. I couldn't stand Diddy.Fox is still uber fun, and Falco is different enough that I'm satisfied. From what little time I spent as PT, I have to say he is loads of fun. Lucas' PK Freeze is totally awesome. G&W is way better than in Melee, and he owned back then.

In synopsis, I'll most likely be using Ike, Metaknight, Snake, Fox, PT, and (more to come) as my main.

Need to finish SSE tomorrow.

I love the game,granted the last level of SSE was borderline uncalled for, but it worked.

I'm rather upset with the changes to Jigglypuff. Granted I was not much of a rest user in the first place, but having the move trimmed back to its N64 strength just seems like a huge loss of a wildcard.

Sonic is great fun, although I cannot get a non FS kill with him for the life of me. His Smash attacks are just too weak. Needs more experimintation.

Luigi's changes are kinda welcome, although the weakened aerials in favor of high speed aerials annoys me a little. Not sure when I'll actually decide to play online.

Most of Sonics aerial smashes knock out. His Up A does wonders if you hit the person right or juggle them. Although Ila is right somewhat; Sonic is fast and can combo like crazy, but it takes hella patience to knock someone out with him.