A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Discussion Thread

ila

Yeah, i completely ignored Dedede until i saw a video of his moveset. He actually looks like someone i would love to play, his little Charge Thrust hammer thingy is fucking hillarious to bop someone with, and his > Smash just about rivals Ike's in fuck power. (im not sure which is stronger, i would suspect Dedede's to be stronger since hes slower.)

They also made Bowser entertaining in this one as well. Heavy Characters FTW, they look really fun in Brawl since they actually have pluses. In melee they all felt horrible to play as.

Edit: And yes ike hits REALLY hard. Ive seen him stright KO somebody at 24% damage (no lie. That side smash is no joke.) Hes definatley gonna become my second main to link when i want to just thrash everybody.

Holy shit, I just unlocked sonic, my god he's a fucking beast. He definitely doesnt hit hard, but he makes up for that by his sheer speed, the combos you can pull off are nuts. I dunno why people put down his B button moves, but I use those to the fullest with sonic, it keeps him moving and it's a free attack :D.

Seriously, Preordering is useless unless A) for a brand new game system, B) you live in a highly populated area with a good % of that population being people who buy the same game you want on the day it comes out, or C) you want to make sure you dont lose/spend/bet/get stolen the money you need to buy the game.

Too many black kids where i live. I have absolutely no problem getting a game when it comes out. Only the Wii and PS3 get sold out.

I'll just tell you this :

I live in Dekalb County Georgia, Metro Atlanta area. There are 3 main malls that i go to : Stonecrest mall, North Dekalb mall, and South Dekalb Mall, and occasionally Northlake if we are looking for something outside those 3 and Linux if we want to go someplace rully nice.

Most of the kids in my school, however, frequent Stonecrest and South Dekalb mall.

Stonecrest is a pretty nice mall, however i really dont have much love for it anymore since i might as well be stepping into my fucking highschool, since EVERYBODY goes there so often. Like they have nothing else to do with their saturdays.

However, there is no library and no videogame store whatsoever in South Dekalb Mall. Guys sag their pants so low you can see their fucking boxers (which is fucking gay as hell if you ask me. I feel like hitting 90% of them.) Girls walk around in revealing shirts with no fucking bra on. (which, in reality, is quite sloppy looking.)

When i say "too many black kids", i mean specifically "too many ghetto kids that do nothing but go to the mall and loitter outside the movie theater for hours on end." In other words, the majority of youth in my area spend their money elsewhere, which is why getting a videogame on the day it releases is rarely a problem.

However, i still doubt i'll be able to get a wii if i went in to get it tommrow. But im not sure smash bros will be sold out. Dont get me wrong though, i would'nt be suprised if it was.

Edit: but most of everything i said is bullshit because it pretains to Lithonia. Those kids are fucking LOST. The kids at my school and in my neighborhood have plenty sense.

In the suburbian neighborhoods where there ARE kids with both parents who think their "gangster" for having a gun MAY have one or two kids who will shoot at you if they really dont like you, but its not like they'll, you know...hit you or anything.

Blak ppl r funny.

Seriously, Preordering is useless unless A) for a brand new game system, B) you live in a highly populated area with a good % of that population being people who buy the same game you want on the day it comes out, or C) you want to make sure you dont lose/spend/bet/get stolen the money you need to buy the game.

Too many black kids where i live. I have absolutely no problem getting a game when it comes out. Only the Wii and PS3 get sold out.

You also for D) When they give you some awesome extra or doodad for reserving the game (like a poster, exclusive demo of an anticipated title, or something)

Preordering is a surefire way to get the game, because contrary to popular belief, games can run out. Examples: Phoenix Wright, practically anything published by Atlus, mega hype games (Lost Oddyssey) and then the weird ones (Harvest Moon)

Plus its just easier to pay it off in advance and not have to worry about it if the game magically releases itself and you forgot about it.

Dojo update: Sakurai posts user sent snapshots. Pretty amusing. Two days to release now.

Beat SSE, holy fuck it was awesome, but don't get your hopes up for sonic, he literally shows up at the last fight. All i have to do now is unlock wolf and toon link and I'll have the full roster.

Snake is a fucking beast, once you get used to the fact that all of his smash attacks are explosives/weaponry, it's pretty fun.

I dicked around with the level editor as well today, It's actually awesome to play on something you've created. I can't seem to find the daily picture/level feature of the game, it might be that they haven't started uploading that yet in America, which makes sense.

So far for my mains, I'm leaning towards sonic and snake.

I'll have my wii/brawl friend codes up soon, you need BOTH to friend people in brawl which is stupid.

So far for my mains, I'm leaning towards sonic and snake.

Hahaha, so original. Jaykay. Mine will be Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, and Olimar. I'm freaking psyched for Olimar (I was crazy over the Pikmin games, I will get good with Olimar if the practicing kills me).

Whoever made this topic needs to put a list of SFGHQ friend codes in the initial post once we start getting them. That way, everyone can just add everyone on the list and we can all play with no questions asked.

no shes totally different look her hands are on fire

EDIT: To anyone contemplating entering in the Smash Bros Tourney at Gamestop: you might want to hold off on that. Not only do you get A fuglyass trophy, but you're limited to just Wiimote and Nunchuck scheme (awkward) and just stock characters. Might be fun, but I'd wait for a more...flexible tourney.

Somehow, the stage builder managed to disappoint me. LinkG07 assures me that more pieces are unlockable, but even then they hardly give you enough memory to make really nice, burly stages. All of them feel like something Sonic Team would approve of... =/

Besides that, the game is pretty fun. Quick experience with Marth on Melee has allowed to get insanely good with Ike in the day-and-a-half we've actually had the game. I tried Sonic, and he just isn't my style.

My mains right now are Captain Falcon, Ike, Falco, and Ice Climbers. (in order of competence) Link tries to be good with everyone, but of course you just have to know who his main is... <_<;