A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Emerald Paradise Tileset

Ayling

Well, it wouldn't hurt, but it would still look flat. Maybe if you made the lighter colored parts stick out it would look better?

Another thing I noticed is your colors are too similar. Shades of colors need to contrast dynamically if you want it to be noticeable. Zooming into your background I see that you used a few darker shades on the triangles but they're not noticeable at all zoomed out.

Well, I've revised your tileset. Basically, I've added better shades and contrasts for the grass, added more shades to the rocks and dithered them so it looked more rocky, and made some tiles off it. I've ended up making a quick mockup for you to see how it would look in game.

Anyway, the scheme is too rocky for a first level zone, but I'm sure for a mountain one it would look awesome.

cbe1bdcaaa.png

• Like 5

Ayling, i forgot i did 3 months ago a tutorial about how to do a grass tile for a friend.

here.

it's not the best about how to do one. I recently added some new things to it, just to complete it a bit more. I suck at explaining things >_<

EDIT: about the variety thing, you do that just if you want.

• Like 2