A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

WTF Sonic Rush 2

shadowgoten

I'd also like to point out the (hardly used) areas of the game where you can control sonic with the d-pad or touch screen (on the main island). The touch screen controls for this area work similar to the touch screen controls of Animal Crossing. What am I getting at? With some extra polish, this could make a good control scheme for, let's say, a Sonic RPG for the DS. That is... if they ever made one *coughBioWarecough*

I c wut u did thar.

Yea, I'm kinda surprised Sega hasn't done a 3d platforming Sonic. Granted, they've been busy with Secret Rings, Sonic '06, Rush, Rush Adventure, etc., but I'm still curious as to when they'll release it, because I think if they did, the touch screen would eliminate the shitty homing attack problems (or make them more apparent. I can see myself bitching about how I clearly tapped that enemy and watching Sonic fall to his doom for the umpteenth time)

Also, I think the island controls are too slow to serve as an actual RPG (though, RPGs do go slow. Please let it be a realtime RPG like Super Paper Mario, sans the suck)

Sonic Advance 2 was my favorite.

Sonic Advance was decent, but it felt really generic and uninspired; a collection of Genesis Sonic stereotypes wrapped around average level design. It never really felt like it's own game, to me; it felt like a cheap imitation of the classic Sonic games.

Sonic Advance 2 really struck out on it's own path with it's own style. Sure, it was rough around the edges in a lot of spots - but the effort was appreciated and it was fun enough to forgive those rough spots.

Sonic Advance 3 felt like it tried to blend Sonic Advance and Sonic Advance 2 while trying to simultaneously incorporate the teamwork theme carried over from Sonic Heroes. The whole game felt like a rushed disaster, with ugly level design, poor visual design (stop and look around, sometimes - you wouldn't believe how many misaligned tiles there are, especially in Sunset Hill)... it was just a mess.

I could not be happier that Sonic Rush (and subsiquently, Rush Adventure) feel like they were broken from the Sonic Advance 2 mold.

Off Topic: Hey Spike, who's that in your avatar on the bottom left, fancharacter?

On topic:

it is playable. On last mission XD

Barely playable, more like one set path, dodging or breaking rocks, and forward dashing as attacking. A minigame more or less. =[

I preferred Sonic Advance to Advance 2, simply because I wasn't flying right at crazy-wierd speeds. Although, I had no problem with Advance 2 at all. I didn't buy Advance 3, though. I absolutely loved Sonic Rush it had a lot of cool minigames and such built into the levels, I just hope this game smoothed things out a bit.

I remember back when I first found Doomsday. It was on the horrible Sonic & Knuckles Collection for the PC. I collected the last Chaos emerald, and remembered that to get the other ending I'd have to play through the last stage again. So, I blew up the Death Egg, expecting to see an overly drawn out credits, when suddenly I turned Super Sonic! I literally shouted out OH SHIT! It was one of the coolest things I had seen done in a video game.

On another note, I liked Sonic Advance 1 the best, thought 2 was pretty good (especially the bosses), and thought 3 needed the most work. However, everybody has their opinions.

I remember back when I first found Doomsday. It was on the horrible Sonic & Knuckles Collection for the PC. I collected the last Chaos emerald, and remembered that to get the other ending I'd have to play through the last stage again. So, I blew up the Death Egg, expecting to see an overly drawn out credits, when suddenly I turned Super Sonic! I literally shouted out OH SHIT! It was one of the coolest things I had seen done in a video game.

On another note, I liked Sonic Advance 1 the best, thought 2 was pretty good (especially the bosses), and thought 3 needed the most work. However, everybody has their opinions.

Oh, you made me feel nostalgic T_T those were good times.